build will commence!

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$130 for a short block isnt too bad.
What constitutes it being a long block or a short block? This block had everything from oil pan to the dowel pins between the head and block.

So it's a long block? right?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The hell man. Wish there were junk yards like that where I be cause if you ever see a ej honda in the yard..its almost 100% down to the frame lol.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not much progress right now. Been busy....but mostly lazy. All the parts are here. I just need to put my block together, then have a free weekend to do the swap.

ECU is here.

sears haha.

I just got new rims. White LS meshes. I like them, something different. I'll post pictures up after i wash the car. haha

jdmsam.

his motor blew today, so now he def. has to put in the new block. already started working on it. more than half way done with it.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah... like Sam said. Today was a really gay day for me. I didn't have class until 6 PM, so I went with a couple friends to just eat or what not. All of a sudden, my knock started to get really loud. And my idle was really low and start to stall when I'm not on the gas.

Eventually starting the car would get harder and harder to do. When we turned around and got about one block from the house. We got a stop sign. Tried my best to keep the RPM's up and use the E-brake to brake, but the situation was too hard to process and I ended up stalling it again.

This time the car wouldn't start at all. Gas pedal all the way to the floor while cranking it. After like 10 tries it finally cranks and I make it to my drive way. FML

Then the engine building and tearing apart begins!

valve cover off.

lol

my poor car...=[

head off...finally. So much of my hosing was dry rotted it wasn't even funny.

Third piston on....i broke one of the 2nd compression rings...so i had to use a used one..yes FML

Torquing the main bolts.

Took us forever to get the axles off. We got one side out, but we didn't want to tear the boot. So we didn't pull it off the transmission yet. It got pretty late and I still have class @ 8 AM. So we called it a night. Hopefully we get the motor out by tomorrow and the block ready to actually PUT IN. I doubt we can actually get it in by tomorrow, but you never know.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My last post has horrible grammar. Don't mind it....I was super tired and just wanted to update my thread.

Anyways, we got a lot done today. We took the harness out, took every accessory out, pulled both axles, remove the linkages and finally got the motor out. I also changed out the valve seals on the head. (Long tedious process)

head work.

intake side's valve seals are done.

motor finally out...yess

It was a good motor...for what it was. But here's my last good bye...haha

More updates will come. Hopefully it will run like a champ!

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FML. MORE DELAYS....like ALWAYS. I was suppose to have the damn engine in by Friday night have it running by Saturday morning. Now i might not get to crank it until Monday in the morning.

But on FRIDAY night when we got the blown engine out and I was installing the flywheel on the new engine. I realized the engine won't turn by hand. Like it has SOO much resistance. Like it wouldn't turn...AT ALL. I could of put the correct torque specs on the flywheel bolts and still wouldn't turn. I checked all clearances and they're were all within specs when I was building it, so I was like...wtf. So I took it all apart AGAIN....and we were still baffled. Come to find out the ACL thrust bearings were to thick. Took them out, but still have WAY more resistance than it should. I ended up using stock Honda rod bearings with slightly looser clearances and wam...perfect. Still used the ACL main bearings though.

SUPER clean oil pan. This was the oil pan that was on my original motor. Amazing what purple power can do.

Flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate on. Changed the throwout bearing, and it's ready to go together.

Took us forever to line it up and get the spindle in...but it's IN!

I bought a new cap and rotor for my dizzy, since I doubt any of the previous owners has ever changed it. Thought the clear cap was awesome...you can see the spark haha. Although it is somewhat ricey...it's not that bad.

Now today...my goal was to at least get the engine in. Get the axles on and the shift linkages on. MORE DELAYS. One of the ARP headstuds wouldn't go all the way down into the block. Not sure what it is, but the bottom threads were never used since the stock headbolts barely went in the bock, so I couldn't do anything about that. But when we were going to torque the head, we realized we don't have a 12mm 12 point socket...when we got it. We realized we needed a deep socket for that GAY stud. Couldn't find it anywhere...Parks didn't have it. And all hardware stores were closed already. SO MORE DELAYS....now hopefully i can get it in and have it running by tomorrow night.

FML

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good bro... Just make sure there is no water or s**t in that hole for the head stud, if there is when you tighten it that pressure is going to crack your block... Always check your holes before putting it in LOL

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

We got the engine in....but I'm an idiot. The PM3 pistons sit above deck...and now it's hitting my head. I wish i had a D16Z6 head...the damn square chambers on the Y8 head totally messed it up. FML!