Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's a thought that I just had.

I was thinkng of painting the block silver...but now..i'm thinking...what about graphite?

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know. Graphite would look good. But I think I would still just go with silver. But that's just me.
Where's the pic of the valve cover?!!? LMAO. I wanna see it Petey. :lol:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^

Thats what I was thinking. Graphite might look a bit too dark..hmmm

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Right now its still taffetta white. I want to put a fresh coat of paint on it - thinking "battleship gray"...but I haven't made up my mind on it 100%. I figured I'd do what I could to the bay, while the engine is out.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you thinking about painting your car battleship gray?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still thought it was kind of a d**k comment.

a swap is a swap. They're just being encouraging...and i appreciate it. My friends want me to paint the bay gray, but i'm not sure..so i figure i'd ask what you guys would think too.

I wish I could be swapping in a B...maybe a K later on (jumping on the "oh yeah..i'ma K my car sometime" bandwagon" :lol:)

This is probably one of the biggest things i've done to my car..in a while...haven't been too active recently because of school and working on websites and junk.

Anyway, Thanks for the comments, I appreciate your input.

Thisisoriginal- no, i'm not going to paint the car battleship gray but, the use of it is so that you can see any potential cracks or what have you...in the bay before things get worse. I think it might look good, with blue fenders, gray engine bay and blue valve cover, then the whale penis intake.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Still thought it was kind of a d**k comment.

a swap is a swap. They're just being encouraging...and i appreciate it. My friends want me to paint the bay gray, but i'm not sure..so i figure i'd ask what you guys would think too.

I wish I could be swapping in a B...maybe a K later on (jumping on the "oh yeah..i'ma K my car sometime" bandwagon" :lol:)

This is probably one of the biggest things i've done to my car..in a while...haven't been too active recently because of school and working on websites and junk.

Anyway, Thanks for the comments, I appreciate your input.

Thisisoriginal- no, i'm not going to paint the car battleship gray but, the use of it is so that you can see any potential cracks or what have you...in the bay before things get worse. I think it might look good, with blue fenders, gray engine bay and blue valve cover, then the whale penis intake.

I think a really, really dark gray would look alright in the engine bay.. But then again, I also think ebp would look even better. Great to see you doing your first swap. When your done, you'll feel great about it and that's all that matters. Good choice on the z6 tranny, you'll love it.. I love mine :D

and who cares if he has fans.. he has a great looking car and people are drawn to that. True it would be more exciting if it were a B series, but I was absolutely giddy after i successfully did my 5 speed swap. Keep up the good work petey :thumbup:

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lookin good petey! its always nice to upgrade. :thumbs up

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know about everyone else but hell, i get excited whether if its an engine swap or a new shift knob. New stuff is new stuff, and being able to share in the experience while you cant work on your own ride is what a tuning community is about.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you realize a b16 is the same size right? so why would that be 100x more exciting? :roll:
because he just swapped a B series in, so your gay if you have a D now lol

anyways, have fun with the swap. my y7 did the same s**t just with 160,000 miles.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go pete goooooo! BTW bro, Im getting into photography..I gotta hit you up about stuff! ;)
Definitely man. I'm always online whenever you need to get in contact with me. I think you have my number.

I think a really, really dark gray would look alright in the engine bay.. But then again, I also think ebp would look even better. Great to see you doing your first swap. When your done, you'll feel great about it and that's all that matters. Good choice on the z6 tranny, you'll love it.. I love mine :D

and who cares if he has fans.. he has a great looking car and people are drawn to that. True it would be more exciting if it were a B series, but I was absolutely giddy after i successfully did my 5 speed swap. Keep up the good work petey :thumbup:
I'm just happy to have something that'll be a bit more peppy, especcially with the new clutch and flywheel, etc and the intake.
lookin good petey! its always nice to upgrade. :thumbs up

you realize a b16 is the same size right? so why would that be 100x more exciting? :roll:
its ok petey

we all <3, dohc swap or not
:thumbup:
i dont know about everyone else but hell, i get excited whether if its an engine swap or a new shift knob. New stuff is new stuff, and being able to share in the experience while you cant work on your own ride is what a tuning community is about.
:thumbs up
because he just swapped a B series in, so your gay if you have a D now lol

anyways, have fun with the swap. my y7 did the same s**t just with 160,000 miles.
good to know.
cant wait for her to finish =)
you and me both

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont have your number yet bro, hit me up with it sometime man, i gotta some things to tell you about just life in general.

Good luck petey pete! I actually am trying to get ahold of a z6 head and tranny.