Ghetto Sleeper Ride - The Symbol of My Family Struggle

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Ghetto Sleeper Ride - Ghetto Luxurious

Update 2010-02-17 - I can't wait until the spring cuz I'm getting new bumpers front and back and I'm upgrading the computer. I wanna start building a D16Y8 or A B16 from scratch so I'm looking for some good blocks for sale? Oh and what do you all think of leaving the bumpers flat black?? I may get an ecu too does anyone have any ideas on a chipped ODBII ecu that will go with my turbo? I hope the mods don'e have a problem with me opening this thread back up as I am sure they will appreciate not creating another thread.
Update 2009-11-02 - Well I finally got her finished. I uploaded some pics of the engine with her new turbo. I may have some issues with the Blow Off Valve because it does not sound right so we shall see I may get a new one. Other than that the bumper does not fit because of the turbo but she is back in the business of getting me back and forth to work so I am happy =) Also pretty soon I will be making a How To with pics for the noobs that cant figure out how to install one to a stock motor.
Update 2009-10-12 - I got some new pics, although she looks dirty. So far I got the some of the wood kit in and while I was working on the dashboard stuff I took the cupholder from a 98 and put it in cuz I like the flip down lid (It looks nicer). I also started to put some of the turbo stuff together so I added some more pics let me know what you all think about the wood and the project. I cant wait to take her home.
Update 2009-09-28 - I ordered a turbo so It should arrive soon. I just got a question for all you guys out there. How far can I boost with my stock cam and ECU for now? Also later on I wanna change my stock cam. I'm not sure what brand and what stage to buy. I am not looking to race if anything my horsepower needs are 300HP Max. I am gonna be running low boost for now.Until I get a CAM and injectors and chip for ODBII. I would love any comments and especially suggestions as I am new to this. Thank you all in advance.

Update 2009-09-20 - I got all the pictures up and deleted the crappy ones. Check it out let me know what you all think. The leather seats covers are actually comfortable. =)

Update 2009-09-18 - I finally got some really nice factory looking leather seat covers that look awsome and hard to tell if the car came factory with leather or not. Tomorrow I will post them up so you can all see the Ghettoness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is a 1999 EX 5 Speed and she has been with us since 2004... She is Ghetto as Ghetto Can Be And I am not ashamed of it. =) I like to call her my "Ghetto Sleeper". She has a D16Y8 and I am looking to improve the Ghettoness

Interior Mods
-Wood Kit
-Leather Seats
-Leather Console
-R Type Shift Boot
-Green Strip Mood Lighting Around The Console (Will Post Pictures If wanted)
-Alpine Premier Head Unit
-Dell Pentium 4 2.0ghz Desktop Computer System Running Windows XP, with GPS,MP3's,DVD's And Full Time OBD Interface (On The Fly Diagnostics)
-Custom Made 12' Kicker COMPVT Bass Box
-Generic Walmart Bass Amplifier

Exterior
-Polish (Special Thanks to STN Autobody of Pennsilvania Making Her Shine Like A Mirror)
-Generic Cool Pep Boys Rims
-Generic Cool Angel/Halo Eyes Headlights
-Generic Cool Altezza Tail Lights

Engine
-EMUSA Turbo Kit (Hopefully I can max her out at 250hp)
+My Philosophy is like overclocking a computer. Get the most you can from what you have. But don't push it if you cause problems in the end.
-Generic CAT Back Exaust With Stock Muffler
+CAT Back Exaust Kit Contained "Fart Cannon Muffler" This Muffler was launched into the dumpster as I hate noisy cars. CAI noise is enough!!

Things To Do
-Generic Cam Gear And Shaft
-Replace Bumpers

Let me know what you all think of her. I have hosted the pictures on my own forum http://www.MohawkSystems.com

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Yes She is OLD but I assure you a work in progress.

Last edited:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see no pics?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And by the looks of it, you probably don't want to see them anyways...

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
The Pictures should work now. Hey Kensai your signature is not showing up.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thread fails because of no pictures....

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its not really a "sleeper" unless it has something beefy under the hood.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
-Generic Cool Pep Boys Rims
-Generic Cool Angel/Halo Eyes Headlights
-Generic Cool Altezza Tail Lights

fail

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
I Have Moved The Pictures To Another Part of My Server. My aplogies to everyone. Let me know what you all think good and bad.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didnt know civic sedans came with sunroofs. Is that an aftermarket one?

Looking good. Just drop it.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get rid of the projectors. they are terrible at night. slam it down. get rid of the painted hubs lol

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Thanks For The Tip

Yep. I remember that I had to search for about six months to find her 5 speed sedan with sunroof. It's all original. The only thing I settled on when I bought her was the color. Black is not my favorite but not a big deal for me. You are right about dropping don't wanna go to low though cause I take her to PA quite a bit and holes are common on the road as well as rocks. Plus the streets in newark suck they are just as bad as driving thru Manhattan. pot holes and such.
I didnt know civic sedans came with sunroofs. Is that an aftermarket one?

Looking good. Just drop it.

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Thanks

eventually I will put here down. And the projectors... well my wife would have a fit cause she bought them. Yeah she's a ricer, kinda cool cause we are in it together. Anyway what do you mean by painted hubs?? They are aftermarket rims. I know I need better pictures I'm trying. I will try to get them by tomorrow.
get rid of the projectors. they are terrible at night. slam it down. get rid of the painted hubs lol