Ghetto Sleeper Ride - The Symbol of My Family Struggle

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ugh can we change this title so the sleeper argument isn't repeated over n over n over and simply make this a build thread? It will never be a sleeper........

Where's that unsubscribe button?

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Yes I would like to change it to. "My Ghetto Ride" Unless someone else has a better name =). I am not one for creating threads all over the place.

Also does anyone know what brand camshaft I should get that is good for street? And Perhaps what stage. I was thinking about a stage1 Comp Cams for like $250 What you think?

Ugh can we change this title so the sleeper argument isn't repeated over n over n over and simply make this a build thread? It will never be a sleeper........

Where's that unsubscribe button?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y are people still posting in this thread... jesus, lol

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
I Added Some Pictures. let me know what you all think. Until I get some money to really tune her I am only running 5lbs of boost. I'm pretty proud of myself being a noob and all to actually get this far. =)

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your bay is a mess lol and has the ugliest spark plug wires ever made.....
Wood Grain stickers look like wood grain stickers, extra ghetto.

Looks like an ebay special car overall.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

:word: Rofl..he wasnt kidding when he said ghetto

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
I've been away for a while. My bay being a mess? whats so messy about it? If its just dirty then I get it but it looks just like any other guys bay. As far as the wood. I love wood, yeah they are stickers but I like the luxury look. But yeah Ghetto. Also can a moderator please change the title to just "My Ghetto Ride"

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ay tak lol any good progress on the car, and the bay is a mess because its littered with blue crap haha

Edit: Nevermind on the blue crap thing, I was thinking of a different ghetto ride..........

But dam those spark plug wires are weird............

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
man people like this give civics like mine a bad name.
It may sound stupid but because I am new to the game. Why would I give you a bad name? Is it because I am not fast and you don't wanna be labeled slow. I am not here to give anyone a bad name I'm just proud of what I have done. I'm not looking for "Fast" I'm looking for "Fast Enough". Believe me I value everyones opinion of my ride. It just seems like I get more of the "You Suck" attitude rather than anything else. I thought the whole point was to show off your pride and joy.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It may sound stupid but because I am new to the game. Why would I give you a bad name? Is it because I am not fast and you don't wanna be labeled slow. I am not here to give anyone a bad name I'm just proud of what I have done. I'm not looking for "Fast" I'm looking for "Fast Enough". Believe me I value everyones opinion of my ride. It just seems like I get more of the "You Suck" attitude rather than anything else. I thought the whole point was to show off your pride and joy.
Dont sweat the haters they're everywhere. If people didn't post pics of their cars there wouldn't me anything to flame lol. Bottom line its your car and your money, do with them what you please and be happy. The satisfaction you get from your car should not be based upon cc's opinions. Be PROUD of your car, dont call it the ghetto sleeper, etc it just gives people reasons to hate. Building cars is definitely a learning process, hopefully throughout your stay on cc you start to see the benefits of going with quality parts over affordable parts.

good luck with your build

Before buying any more parts id take a look at this thread: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=87361&page=11

Id go for a look like this:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How is this thread still alive?

stp763

your car is a complete waste. why waste all that cheap money of urs on generic stuff like that when in reality you could of bought good quality items if you honestly sat and looked around. i bet you bought all that stuff in a day and slapped it on. if i was you i would take all those crap off and just clean your car. a clean civic is a nice civic. drop the b***h throw on some steelies and put a hub cap on shees it would look 10x better then those cheap ass rims. and do some research before you add anything to your car. theres plenty of s**t out there for your civic then pep boys.

And dont say it was because of family struggles, your just lying to yourself. you bought that s**t cause u thought it was cool and u liked it. if it was a work in progress you would of taken your sweet time and did things the right way. No one who can install all that stuff and have a father who works in a auto shop can be that car stupid to pull off what u did.