Good Or Bad Idea

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is taking out the resonator box in a 2000 ex going to make the car slower or faster...... or nothing at all.... pleaes post comments......

Gwapz

What Type-R u?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
louder..............maybe but faster unlikely

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it true that you lose low end torque but its not noticeable because your taking about 5 pounds and that makes it even out... also i herd that you gain a little high end torque... is the noise like a good sounding or like a ricey sound?

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's more of a deep *vroooooooooooooom* sound.

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha just as long as it doesn't sound like a mexican low rider car

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and just took the resonator out and its crazy........... nothin sounds different when you drive lightly and don't push the pedal all the way down.... but when you floor it you get this crazy deep sound and it sounds so good!! i'm very happy if anybody has any questions on how to get it out its very easy.... you DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE BUMPER like everyone says i did it without it ........

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it doesnt hurt anything when you take it out?...what is it supposed to do...just suppress sound?

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by joe7987
it doesnt hurt anything when you take it out?...what is it supposed to do...just suppress sound?
yea whats the big idea? does it give u more hp... how do u do it for a 98 hatch? do u have to be fixed up or what? do u waste more gas what's the resonator for?:???: :x

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if it is completely pointless..then hell yea I wanna take that bish out.

Mustangb12

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The resonator only acts as a second muffler. I was stupid and didn't buy a cat back system, so I still have the stock pipe with the resonator on an after market muffler.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so if I plan on buying a cat back...I should leave it..?

civic_on_air

wait i though he was talkin about the intake resonator box????? am i right..... someone please correct me

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the resonation is next to the passenger side wheel its a little "U" shaped thing and its got a box connected to it.... if you look under your hood you will see your air box, filter, and under neath it is the resonator.... to get it out all i did was unbolt the splash gaurd underneath the car and unbolt the 3 bolts on the resonator and i pulled it out... car sounds unbelieveable now

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
send pics of what the resonator looks like and where it is located on the car so i know exactally what it is im taking out

StTz98Ex

Would you eat this?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my resonator was a b***h to get out cuz one of my pop rivets wouldnt come out.. i got it out though.. when you get cai in a 6th gen, thats where the filter sits, so u wanna keep the splashguard on if u dont have a bypass valve... but, the resonator does just act like a muffler for ur intake.. waste of space is what i think of it as..

Zeo

CCSC #41
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wanna post some pics?? i think i know what you are going on about but im not 100%