Goodridge Ss Brake lines advise?

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Hey CL,

Haven't been here for a while and have been really busy at my "shop" ever since I started doing mechanic work etc etc. and I haven't really had the time to be on here until today. I need some advise on some G-Stop stainless steel brake lines. I did a couple of investments and was able to get some but too much than what I need. I believe I have 14 sets and I have no idea what to do with them. I am unsure whether I should sell them or keep them. They state that they are used in F1 formula drift and NASCAR and I agree that they are pretty good but im sure that people have a bit of criticism on them and would like to know what you guys know about them. If I do sell them you would have to be in California, preferably by beach areas; If I don't , then I will use them on my project car and will keep the others as replacement or whatever I decide to do with them. I have seen these for 200 and around 120 on the forum, but again im just looking for input on these and advise on what I should do with them and not selling yet but if there is any interest I can be swayed to sell them. If I do I will use the cash for my new side project and will probably post it up if you guys are interested.

p.s.- I will be going to do a bit of work and will be logged on a bit later but feel free to post as much as you want and I will reply asap.
*not a sale thread* just looking for advice thanks.

:drive:

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Has ANYONE ever used G-Stops before?? I find it hard that no one has said anything...I kind of expected for the fellow tuners on the forum to at least have some criticism??

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's sunday. Usually dead on sundays. Patience.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never used em. Free bump for u

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Hey Lethal6 and Mymmerloss, whats new?? I wasn't aware it was dead sundays...figured all the JDM creepers would be on here and posting updates on their latest jdm installments on their sooo jdm em1's or si's ha-ha jk I've pretty much finished my civic but decided I was going to move to another project for Honda day or maybe another event so after getting it back to stock and super reliable I decided to do minor mods and leave it at that. I've also been working on a Honda Fit project and im a bit glad I don't own it though lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Livin the dream brotha. Livin the dream

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got 16 days until it heads to indiana for a show and its really not even close to going on a trailer. I need to get my ass in gear. Check out the build thread.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Just checked out a few pages and its coming along damn nice, people seem to love your tubing? Guess its just the shiny things lol jk but It's coming along real nice and I hope I see it one day once its set. Im planning on doing a build like that but im in the process of getting cash while deciding on vehicle and build type. Maaaaaaaad Props though ;)
Set Yourself in gear because days fly during a project...

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Ya i gotta get my ass in gear!
No kidding ha-ha, damn, I just got my days numbered for the car I want to build. I've been selling my civic so I can get the cash and space to place it in and build it! this is a long shot but do ya know anyone looking for a civic? lol

Thinking about using thos G-stops on that build...

Last edited by a moderator:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Na im trying to sell a crx right now and possibly a 4 door 2000 civic also.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have 14 sets but not 14 cars to put them on, sell what you can't use for yourself. Simple as that. Whether they are good or not, I don't know, but from your research they sound just fine.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
whats up CHILLD, whats new? I already installed them and their damn nice, spanking new. noticeable change but that's a problem I've been having. I don't know many people into tuning to sell to and when I place ads I get the lowest lowball offers to ever seen, to be expected but ive got to get serious and sell to serious people if im going to sell them in a day.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Low ballers are everywhere. With the Internet giving access to a ton of sellers, people tend to chase aftera desperate seller to buy things at the cheapest price possible. Can't really blame them though, but it does hurt when you're selling legit parts. I tend to sell things at a bit of a bargain price just to make the process easier for me.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Truth said, Im well aware and I have to admit it hurts because they are legit and hard to get. Im already selling them at a bargain but still its too much for people I guess. Kind of why im looking for some serious tuners because they actually know whats up and I don't mind working a deal out with them because they tend to be a bit reasonable.,..the ones iv'e met anyway..

Just put up another ad, think im gonna sell them along with two spanking new 16's a couple of fogs and heat resistant paint....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Truth said, Im well aware and I have to admit it hurts because they are legit and hard to get. Im already selling them at a bargain but still its too much for people I guess. Kind of why im looking for some serious tuners because they actually know whats up and I don't mind working a deal out with them because they tend to be a bit reasonable.,..the ones iv'e met anyway..
Your other issue is the fact that there are great reputable brake lines that are sold for much less even at retail value. There are very few people who simply desire to have a more expensive part that does the same job as a cheaper one. Being a brake line, there's not very many functions for it do so finding a highlight for these lines over cheaper good quality lines is slim to none

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've had Goodridge stainless lines on my race cars. Been on there for years with no signs of issues so far. They make great lines and are pretty popular. I don't know if this is can be an issue with these but it's been said that any exposed stainless braided lines can wear over time due to dirt and debris. I know some people consider these lines as a wear item and replace them every so often for safety, especially if they track their car. The lines that have a covering to protect the line are safer. Outside of that, there's nothing wrong with them.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
What car are those fogs for?
They are universal LED fogs, used some and they look damn good, especially on a clean 90 hatch. They are rectangular and I have about 6 boxes left.

Your other issue is the fact that there are great reputable brake lines that are sold for much less even at retail value. There are very few people who simply desire to have a more expensive part that does the same job as a cheaper one. Being a brake line, there's not very many functions for it do so finding a highlight for these lines over cheaper good quality lines is slim to none
Yeah, I ran into that and sometimes there just isn't any winning but maybe??

I've had Goodridge stainless lines on my race cars. Been on there for years with no signs of issues so far. They make great lines and are pretty popular. I don't know if this is can be an issue with these but it's been said that any exposed stainless braided lines can wear over time due to dirt and debris. I know some people consider these lines as a wear item and replace them every so often for safety, especially if they track their car. The lines that have a covering to protect the line are safer. Outside of that, there's nothing wrong with them.
They ss lines that are braided and still have outer protection, I really have no complaints and expect them to last a real long time.