Got busted today. (long read)

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks. and i forgot to mention that they made me roll up my front windows to check for tint.

modesto
WHAT?! no way! I roll over there about twice a week to visit family and ive never been hassled by the popo over there. But I do get hassled by stockton and sacromento and tracy cops....bastards.

Ty's Si

Newb to the Import scene
5+ Year Member
That sucks man..... my previous car was a heavily modded 03 Mach 1 Mustang and I got pulled over all the time just so they could check s**t out. California is definitely not modded car friendly. Worst part was there wasn't anything that I had that was illegal. The officers in my city are notorious for that though. Real PIA.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the intake thing is stupid, any intake even the crappy ebay ones still have the pcv hose and all so theres no change of emissions. i wish they had fake carb stickers somewhere. i refuse to live in cali tho my intake isnt legal either but im not putting my car back to stock just to live somewhere so expensive.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell with cali well hell with maryland to

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
California definitely seems like a very appealing place to live, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about tuners getting ticketed, etc. for modding their cars. Is it really that bad?
Horribly high cost of living (highest in the country), earthquakes, mudslides, gas is the most expensive in the country, very crowded (which leads to tons of different individual problems), crime, car theft in particular, and from what I hear poor public schools and infrastructure.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WHAT?! no way! I roll over there about twice a week to visit family and ive never been hassled by the popo over there. But I do get hassled by stockton and sacromento and tracy cops....bastards.
ive gotten pulled over once in stockton for my headlights being too low as well, my car was lower then, it was only 18" off the ground lol. never had problems with tracy or sac cops at all. i live in manteca so im in tracy, stockton, and modesto a lot. im surprised i havent been f**ked with more.

Horribly high cost of living (highest in the country), earthquakes, mudslides, gas is the most expensive in the country, very crowded (which leads to tons of different individual problems), crime, car theft in particular, and from what I hear poor public schools and infrastructure.
you really make it sound way worse than what it is. dont try to describe the entire state based upon your experience from one city (sacramento, LA, or something of that sort im guessing.)

why does ur car have to be 24'' off the ground thats so f**kn gay
no no no the middle of your headlights have to be 24" off the ground, thats really not that high. my cars pretty low and its still only 3" too low.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the problem is not the bad in fresno city though, i think there is so much of it they don't even bother anymore :what: the only cars they don't seem to like are MR2's, because going cruising on the weekends, they're the only ones pulled over with they mid engine hood open. and maybe 1 DA/DC2 Teggy

I never gotten pulled over for not having a front plate since i got my car, might be luck, but seems they dont even care anymore.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you really make it sound way worse than what it is. dont try to describe the entire state based upon your experience from one city (sacramento, LA, or something of that sort im guessing.)
I was focusing on the cons on purpose.

He said it was a very appealing place to move, and I put up some reasons I don't think it is, particularly since I'm a car enthusiast.

ton94civ

5+ Year Member
my bro and i are always getting pulled over by the police and chp. we have gotten fix it tickets and also been sent to the ref.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**ken little kids..... you make me sick!

So what is it you want? You want us to feel sorry for you or something?

All these little kids that make these stupid threads want nothing but attention if you ask me. They want people to feel sorry for them. I don't feel sorry for them, I just laugh about how stupid these kids are. :lol:

I don't know how many times I've gotten pulled over not to mention thrown in jail but I don't need to make a thread about it. All you are saying is, "Love me daddy!" that's all I hear :what:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, California sucks goat ass for having any modifications done to your car.

I bet my old Triumph's headlights were less than 24" off the ground on the day it rolled off the assembly line in Coventry, England.

You gotta' admit, you had it coming for not having a Catalytic Converter. That's just asking for it in CarFascist California.

Kaotic_Zeus said:
You never have to pop your hood. What reason did they have for you to pop your hood? .
CHP operates on a different set of rules or something. I had one screw with me about my registration while visiting some friends there.
He asked me for my registration. I pointed at the Texas registration sticker on my windshield. He said, "That's a sticker, not your registration." Told me to get out of the car and stand in front of it with my hands on the hood. He looked through my glove compartment without my consent or anything. I was like, wtf?!! You can't do that!....then I remembered that I wasn't at home anymore and maybe they could so I shut the f**k up. I wasn't holding anyway and I never carry more than an O which is something like a $100 fine in California if you get charged at all.

You know what I got busted for? A 6 inch long crack in my windshield from about 4 inches up on the A-pillar down to the cowl. Not even in my line of sight. I got my car inspected with it here. Busted in Cali for a stupid ass crack in the windshield.:roll:

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^Why in the hell would you get a ticket for a cracked windshield? I don't even know whats illegal since I'm from Alabama. Pretty much any modification is legal there, so yeah. I'm living in Tennessee right now, but my car and bike are both titled/registered in Alabama. So if I ever do anything illegal to them, what can they do here?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my car wouldnt last 5 minutes in CA. id get pulled over at the state line: no papers for motor swap, way too low, all custom exhaust no cat, obd1 ecu, yellow headlights, rear seats/belts removed, odometer doesnt match the car. they'd impound it on the spot for sure, then it'd probably get jacked by thieves on the way to the impound lot :shock:

yep. definitely not going to CA anytime soon

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^Why in the hell would you get a ticket for a cracked windshield? I don't even know whats illegal since I'm from Alabama. Pretty much any modification is legal there, so yeah. I'm living in Tennessee right now, but my car and bike are both titled/registered in Alabama. So if I ever do anything illegal to them, what can they do here?
He said that the crack that was 6 inches long on the bottom corner "impaired" my vision. He also stated that my registration and inspection stickers impaired my vision and would have to be removed in spite of the fact that they said Texas Department of Public Safety and Texas Department of Transportation indicating them to be official documents.

I'm sure that in his mind, he was doing his job properly. It was totally unnecessary, a waste of time, and I may or may not have a warrant for my arrest for a $130.00 fine in California. I wrote to the address on the citation about the stickers and they never wrote back so I didn't pay s**t. f**k 'em. They're not going to extradite me for $130.00. Even Oklahoma DPS won't do that. :lol::twisted::Devil:

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my car wouldnt last 5 minutes in CA. id get pulled over at the state line: no papers for motor swap, way too low, all custom exhaust no cat, obd1 ecu, yellow headlights, rear seats/belts removed, odometer doesnt match the car. they'd impound it on the spot for sure, then it'd probably get jacked by thieves on the way to the impound lot :shock:

yep. definitely not going to CA anytime soon
im in the same boat you are. obd1 conversion, no papers. i have a cat, but im sure theyd stab a hole in it just to say it was faulty.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im in the same boat you are. obd1 conversion, no papers. i have a cat, but im sure theyd stab a hole in it just to say it was faulty.

And I better not catch you outside of Smith County driving that there vehicle like that! Dallas, Tarrant, or Harris County and your ass is mine

:rolf:

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So what is it you want? You want us to feel sorry for you or something?

All these little kids that make these stupid threads want nothing but attention if you ask me. They want people to feel sorry for them. I don't feel sorry for them, I just laugh about how stupid these kids are. :lol:

I don't know how many times I've gotten pulled over not to mention thrown in jail but I don't need to make a thread about it. All you are saying is, "Love me daddy!" that's all I hear :what:
damn, cant a nigga tell a story around here?