got my first gun today

vtac_ej6

as the title says i picked up my first gun today. its going to be for my ccw.

decided to go with the sig sp2022
picked it up brand new for 399.99 with a free 150 dollar laser and 6 months same as cash

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:like:

Once you get into VIP, we have a firearms thread going in there.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
250 posts nd 6 months as a member

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
250 posts nd 6 months as a member

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
This. So to be more specific: In 2 months and 11 days, and 102 posts, you will be able to get into VIP.

vtac_ej6

thanks guys! guess i have a little ways to go still haha

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup man. I took the class for my CCW. Just need to get the permit and get a gun. Thinking of getting a S&W MP but not sure yet.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
M&P is a fantastic series. I'd like to get a full size in .45 someday.

vtac_ej6

ya i definitly want a .45. but for the money and deal i thibk this is a good starter, i really like the feel of it. only thibg is there isnt and kind of safety switch

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ya i definitly want a .45. but for the money and deal i thibk this is a good starter, i really like the feel of it. only thibg is there isnt and kind of safety switch
Definitely, my first pistol was a 9mm. I still have that, but now my main pistol is a 1911 in .45. I love it, only downside is the capacity...but hey, that's why they make extra mags right?!?!

Seriously though, you have to get what feels good. If this felt good in your hand, then you made the right choice. I'm not a big fan of safeties. Plenty of people carry Glocks with no issue. You'll just have to carry the gun with the hammer forward, and fire the first shot in double action. Trust me, if you have to use it, you won't even notice the difference.

vtac_ej6

tjats what i love about the 9mm. 15 rd mag. im not sure i understand the internal safety setup yet though.

im going back this week to get a mosin nagant. its only 90 bucks lol and a great rifle

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
I like either a M1911 ( M1991 series 80) Colt Government ( 45., low capacity but heavy hitting) or some sort of Glock...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the internal safety. There is no grip safety, no manual safety, and no trigger bar like Glocks have. The only way you will be able to safely carry that gun is with the hammer forward. That's a DA/SA gun. Double action means your trigger pull is pulling the hammer back, and then releasing the hammer. Single action is just releasing the hammer. Your gun has what's called a "decocker". In order to carry, you'd insert a loaded magazine, and rack the slide to chamber a round. However, since racking the slide pulls the hammer back, you'd then pull the decocking lever. This drops the hammer without firing the gun. Your first shot will now be double action, meaning pulling the trigger is pulling the hammer back, then dropping the hammer. After that, all your shots will be single action, just dropping the hammer. Double action, since it is performing more actions, is a heavier and loner pull. This makes it safer to carry a gun in double action mode, without a manual safety.

If you have more questions, shoot me a PM.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Ya, DA might also mean the differance between life and death in a quick situation... no damn safety to deactivate, or no hammer to pull back... It does it all! The pull might only be noticable, but as said by vjf915... your life depends on it, you will do anything to live... and you wont feel it.... it's actually amazing how the human body can react!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
45., low capacity but heavy hitting
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but .45acp isn't all that it's cracked up to be. There's no significant advantage that .45acp has over 9mm. .45acp is a bigger round, but it moves slower. 9mm and .45acp both deliver roughly the same amount of force into the target. See picture below. Also, 9mm is ~.35 of an inch, which means the diameter is .1 inch less than .45acp. Not like you're creating a bigger hole, not one that matters at least. If I was forced into a gun fight, I'd go with my 9mm Ruger SR9. It has a 15 round capacity, as opposed to the 8 round capacity of my 1911. More rounds in the mag, means more rounds you can put into the bad guys chest. The only reason why I have my 1911 as my defense gun instead of the SR9 is because I can rock the hell out of both guns, but my dad shoots the SR9 well, so that's what he gets.

But the truth of the matter is that handguns suck for defense, regardless of what caliber you use. If you plan on using a gun for home defense, a rifle is really the way to go. You can cater the rounds so you don't over penetrate. It's just as nimble as a shotgun if not more, and has a higher round capacity. It delivers comparable damage as well.

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
I also just recently picked up my first gun. S&W M&P9 so far i have put almost 450 rounds (cheapest ammo i could find) threw it without a hitch. I love it. I also picked the wife up a Walther P22 just for fun and that damn gun is a pos. Bought it brand new and almost every round has problems feeding or ejecting. The 2 biggest problems that i have found is the feed ramp that loads the bullet into the barrel dose not go all the way to the barrel and the second being that the slide comes into to much contact with the hammer making the slide to heavy for a little 22 bullet to blast the all the way back after each shot. All in all its just a poorly designed gun. Wish i would have got the Walther Pk380 for her instead.......
i know its dirty lol have not got around to cleaning since we last shot it.

Sent from my DROIDX

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP

The is no safety switch but it dose have a type of trigger safety.

Sent from my DROIDX

vtac_ej6

im looking for something for my gf as well.

ya im going to shoot my sig wednesday. i'm selling the 150 laser it came with if anyone is interested. im going to get a flashlight for it