Got my header in today!!

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally got my megan racing header in today. I will be picking it up at my friends house at 5:15 today. Hopefully I will get this installed before my next class starts. I'll post up some pics of it if I find my camera.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04civic said:
I finally got my megan racing header in today. I will be picking it up at my friends house at 5:15 today. Hopefully I will get this installed before my next class starts. I'll post up some pics of it if I find my camera.

congrats...I just installed my DC Sports Ceramic 1-piece 4-2-1 header...its sweet....post pictures cause this thread is pretty worthless without them

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ yea it would be worthless. i just now found my camera. it was sittin in my closet for some reason. ill try to post pics tonight. if not then tomorrow for sure

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i was thinking about going with a megan header, let me know how it sounds, fits, feels, etc. oh and corngrats!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cool.. I'd really like to know how it turns out.. because I'm kind of on the fence with Megan. I've heard stories of a lot of great experiences with Megan... but a lot of people also say that Megan is s**t (although these seem to be the people who have no experience with Megan products... lol)

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ yea megan racing is a good brand. dunno why they say it sucks. i got the megan downpipe and i love it.

2000exCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
post a pic for sure when ur done also tell me if its a big diff in speed

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04civic said:
^^^ yea megan racing is a good brand. dunno why they say it sucks. i got the megan downpipe and i love it.
does the test pipe trip a CEL?

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04civic said:
^^^ yea you will see a check engine light
fook....that means you'd have to unbolt that b***h once a year and put the stock B-pipe/cat back on....pain in the ass....but worth it. IMO when you compair the cost of a high flow cat to a test pipe.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you could always get an O2 simulator to fix that CEL..

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^exactly....anyways. i tried to instal my header yeterday but couldnt. the damn bolts were on there real tight and couldnt get it loose. hmm....kinda stripped the bolt a little. so i guess i gotta take it to a shop.

Civic-Duty

duckin' and divin'...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
didn't let it cool long enough...try it first thing in the morning before you crank the car....then there's always wd-40 and/or penetrating oil

let me know how it works out for ya, i was looking at a header and downpipe on ebay the other day....

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, it was a b***h to get my stock header off... especially with those damn spring loaded bolts...

Do you have a breaker bar?

flipmoderacer02

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i read that the test pipe will make the CEL go on, but will the header itself make the CEL go on? thanks
also, isnt it recommended that you use a torque wrench when you bolt on the new header?

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flipmoderacer02 said:
i read that the test pipe will make the CEL go on, but will the header itself make the CEL go on? thanks
also, isnt it recommended that you use a torque wrench when you bolt on the new header?
if the header is street leagal, then no the CEL won't come on. That is if it's installed correctly.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i finally got my freakin stock header off. man it was a pain in the ass. but i guess the hard work paid off. it looks good under the hood. but i can tell that its a lot hotter under the hood then it used to be with my stock header on. just touchin my hood burns my hand. it gets pretty hot. as for performance....i can feel it pulling pretty good around 4000 rpm and up. yea i guess when vtec kicks in. i like it. does header give you more torque cuz it feels like my car takes off better now. or is it just me? but there is definately a pull on high rpm. its well worth the money IMO. no pics yet. i lost my damm camera again. sorry for the delay guys.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes a header should help with torque, low end to midrange and still give you some more top end ponies.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i thought i did feel a better bang at first. didnt really feel any low end power but i did feel a lot better of a pull on top end. i can really feel it on second gear.