***GREAT LAKES General Discussion Thread***

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait.,, how the f**k is a ps3 a waste of money???

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree more with this statement, "I would never buy a Zune"

LoL

as far as a ps3 goes, i would never buy one for 6 bills, 399.99 w/6 free movies? Now were talkin

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as a ps3 goes, i would never buy one for 6 bills, 399.99 w/6 free movies? Now were talkin

yea, and no wifi, no bluetooth, 40gs, and two controler ports.
s**t cost money to make, they dony just price stuff at random for random reasons.
and its not six bills anymore.....
you're right. ipods are way to go.

people dislike it because it "lacks" "good" games, and its the most expensive...
its got tons of features and add ons tho, most people dont bother to learn about that.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well.. i wonder what they'll do to me..

i finally had enough of one of our pushy regional sales reps and i snapped at him.. got into a massive verbal arguement over the phone. i wonder what'll happen.. ugh.. i'm just tired of that guy..

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree more with this statement, "I would never buy a Zune"

LoL

Frankly, the Ipods have more glitches than the Zune. I've owned an ipod (second gen Nano) and it was shitty since the day I hooked it up to the computer. My Zune has been a breath of fresh air.

I use to think the PS3's were the wave of the future and Blue Ray would obsolete the DVD's. As far as graphics go, it's absolutely fantastic. But I still don't understand why it's not getting the credit it deserves. Maybe because there isn't many "family" games out for it. :what: The overheating problem is due to poor ownership. The 80gb is $499.99. The 60gb is $499.99. The 40gb is $399.99. I, personally, forever and always will think the PS2 is the best to have ever came out of Sony.

I always thought of the Xbox 360 as the "from a boy to a man" type of gaming system. The ring of fire and overheating issues personally wouldn't matter if common sense wasn't an issue with the consumer. :lol:

Nintendo, since the beginning, has had the right idea about consumers wants and needs out of a gaming system. They never expected for the Wii to take off flying off the shelves like it has been over the year. It's a "must have" in the average American household now. They can't keep up with the high demand with production. It's family oriented, more interactive (physically) than the 360 by far, and reasonably priced for all it's capabilities.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, and no wifi, no bluetooth, 40gs, and two controler ports.
s**t cost money to make, they dony just price stuff at random for random reasons.
and its not six bills anymore.....
you're right. ipods are way to go.

people dislike it because it "lacks" "good" games, and its the most expensive...
its got tons of features and add ons tho, most people dont bother to learn about that.
Its way over priced. And imo its a video game system. Why the hell do i need all this extra crap?? The only extra it should come with is the ability to connect online.
Plus until Gran Turismo 5 comes out there isnt anything on that system worth buying. All the good games have graduated to the 360. which was a huge step forward when Microsoft released it.
And about the Wii. Ive heard they are purposely keeping the supply low to help keep demand up. But i guess its working. I know Nintendo will milk the Wii for all its worth. its the only good thing to come out of there sine the N64.

hkt03

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Its way over priced. And imo its a video game system. Why the hell do i need all this extra crap?? The only extra it should come with is the ability to connect online.
Plus until Gran Turismo 5 comes out there isnt anything on that system worth buying. All the good games have graduated to the 360. which was a huge step forward when Microsoft released it.
And about the Wii. Ive heard they are purposely keeping the supply low to help keep demand up. But i guess its working. I know Nintendo will milk the Wii for all its worth. its the only good thing to come out of there sine the N64.
nintendo needs the wii to suceed.. they are being very cautious not to saturate the market. glad to see nintendo coming back even though i was a sega person from the beginning..

GENESIS WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nintendo needs the wii to suceed.. they are being very cautious not to saturate the market. glad to see nintendo coming back even though i was a sega person from the beginning..

i happen to have a genesis here, in perfect working condition with about 20-25 games for it. NO YOU CANT PLAY IT. ive been looking for a sega cd if anyone knows someone who has one let me know. also looking for an atari jaguar, panasonic real 3do, and a neo-geo. as of systems i have now...... and yes they all work perfectly... commodore 64gs, atari 2600, (2) nintendos, nintendo virtual boy, super nintendo, nintendo 64, nintendo gamecube, (2) playstations, playstation 2, sega master system, sega genesis, (2) xboxes (one modded and one virgin), xbox 360, and finally a turbografx 16.......ohh and i forgot the sega dreamcast

^^^^ true true..... altho my fav games on the 64 were goldeneye, road rash 64, and bomberman 64.
beside everything graduating to the 360.... do you think microsoft would of had the success they have had with out the halo series?? i mean s**t.... look how much they had in preorder sales the first week for the preorders of halo 3

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well here....this is my list of systems that i still wanna get a hold of. and i know some of them are going to be damn near impossible to get......

* FC Twin Video Game System
* PlayStation 3
* Wii
* HyperScan
* Evo: Phase One
* Game Wave Family Entertainment System
* GP2X
* Atari Flashback 2
* Generation NEX
* Gizmondo
* PlayStation Portable
* Nintendo DS
* Apex Extreme PGC
* N-Gage
* Tapwave Zodiac
* GP32
* Game Boy Advance
* WonderSwan
o Neo Geo Pocket Color
* Nintendo 64
* Sega Saturn
* Apple Pippin
* Atari Jaguar
* 3DO
* Amiga CD32
* Atari Lynx
* Game Boy
* Amstrad GX4000
* C64 GS
* Neo-Geo
* Sega Game Gear
* Commodore Amiga CDTV
* FM Towns Marty
* Philips CD-i
* TurboDuo
* Supervision
* Sega Nomad
* Atari XEGS
* Atari 7800
* Commodore MAX Machine
* Vectrex
* Emerson Arcadia 2001
* Atari 5200
* ColecoVision
* Intellivision
* Magnavox Odyssey²

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Saturate the market? Isn't that called making money? lol

They are totally limiting it to keep the hype up, they are making 18 thousand units available this xmas, world wide! That's just rediculous

hkt03

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
companies actually lose money on making systems and rely completely on selling games. keep the hype up and people will keep scooping them up. they're only making what they know they can sell. it brings joy to my heart seeing stacks of ps3s sitting at best buy sometimes..

boosted to 26ps:
impressive list.. you a collector? i wouldnt mind a neo geo but the cartridges are hella expensive for that system!

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well kind of a collector..... i dont have them to just look at. at least i actually play them. none of the newer systems and game have the same luster as the old school games..... maybe thats just me tho. god i feel old now.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boosted, since you n Justin both live in Madison u know eachother? Or not yet?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah.... i used to cruise the wash with him back when he had the lebarron.....lol. that was when i had my old neon. the first one of the two ive had. kind of lost touch with eachother over the years tho