Greddy Turbo Kits Question.

PoWeReD bYhOnDa

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what did u have in ur sentra and wat did it run 1/4?? j.w my times in my hatch a 9.93 @134.99 Mph dat was awhile ago though i added some more mods since then so its prolly a lil faster now

darthvader

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t. That's a fast ass hatch. My sentra had 287 whp without nos. and 362 whp with nos. I also ran a 12.32 at 122 mph. That was just with basic bolt ons and a t3/t4 turbo. But still, your hatch is mad quick.

darthvader

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah I had the SR20DET from Japan. And a custom front mount intercooler.

PoWeReD bYhOnDa

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o0o thnx man i thought ur car would be faster lol sr20det?? daz nice man my brother has a syliva RHD and it has sr20det its a good motor i work alot with them at the shop i work at wat color top was it?? blue or red...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
darthvader said:
Oh yeah I had the SR20DET from Japan. And a custom front mount intercooler.
the fwd sr20det found in the primera, pulsar gti-r (aka sunny gti-r), etc?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
dude, the silvia is not the only nissan to have an sr20det.

take the nissan primera for instance, marketted as the infiniti g20... they all come sr20de powered, but the g20t has the sr20det.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
g20t doesnt have it. t is for touring edition. just better standard options and s**t.

ner0x

SOHC MY DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
hardly, youll see around 200hp at the wheels.
yeah i'm running 5 on my b18 with hondata and i've got 246whp

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
g20t doesnt have it. t is for touring edition. just better standard options and s**t.
oh my bad, i always figurd the t was for the boost, because all nissan primeras are sr20de powered. i do know that u can slap on the turbo parts from an sr20det-powered nissan pulsar gti-r onto a nissan primera though.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ner0x said:
yeah i'm running 5 on my b18 with hondata and i've got 246whp
on ls motor or gsr.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with a greddy kit?? find that hard to believe. dont matter which it is, ls or gsr, sounds like bs to me, UNLESS you have nitrous or something else. cuz then your greddy kit would need to produce 112hp(on gsr motor) or 142hp (on an ls motor). this is going by the common rule that you lost 15% hp when measuring whp. so your motor (stock so far) is producing around 280hp. find that hard to belive especially on 5 pounds off of a greddy kit..........

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
proper fuel management can do wonders. what do u say about a stock d16 pushing 6psi and making 206whp? with a t28

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whos this you speak of?? haha here goes my ego again..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
whos this you speak of?? haha here goes my ego again..
this guy on turbod16 who posted his dyno vids a few years ago

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah but if my math is correct he'd have to be making 28.6 hp for each psi that he is running 5psi, i never figured out the math for the gsr, but took the time for the ls, you know who was saying that there was noway i was making 12hp per psi, atleast im not claiming i make 28 hp per psi. so i call B.S.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
28.6 x 6 = 171.6
206 - 171.6 = 34.4..... 34 horses stock?

stock ex is about 100whp
206 - 100 = 106
106 / 6 = 17.6...

yeah still high i suppose, but i've seen some amazing s**t done with proper fuel management (and 8+ hours on a dyno). anyway, just giving an example, not trying to back nor deny this guy's claims

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
yeah but if my math is correct he'd have to be making 28.6 hp for each psi that he is running 5psi, i never figured out the math for the gsr, but took the time for the ls, you know who was saying that there was noway i was making 12hp per psi, atleast im not claiming i make 28 hp per psi. so i call B.S.
haha, very true. 28 my ass...bs

darthvader

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was browsing the internet a few nights ago and I came across a TSI turbo kit that uses a T25 turbo, comes with everything including front mount intercooler and plumbing and runs 7 psi of boost. I think the kit comes retail for $2799 shipped. I know the T25 is the same sorry ass turbo that comes with the SR20 motor, but all I want is a small kit for everyday driving and occational fun. So here's my real question, do you guys think I would need to rebuild the engine with low compression pistons to run 7psi of boost daily driven on a B16 motor.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no, they were design at 7psi for a perticular car, because the manufacturere of th ekit tested to see what is the best amount of pressure the kit can produce and be the lease harmful to the motor, that's why the greddy basic street kit comes with sucha small turbo, but at 10psi on teh greddy kit it really kicks ass.