Ground wire kit

civickid81290

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am doing my own ground wire kit using 6 gauge wire. So far i have replaced the factory ground wires ( 1 going from the engine block to the frame and 1 going from the valve cover to the frame), a wire going from the negative battery treminal to the frame, and 1 going from the negative battery terminal to the engine block. Is this the right setup? And if so where can i put other wires?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That set-up is fine. Add ground wires whever you want, it won't harm anything.
I have 2 on my transmission and one on my fuel rail for shits and giggles. I didn't notice anything but they were free so idgaf.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wtf^

anyways, just do the big 3. engine to ground, battery to ground, tranny to ground if you do more, it gets to the point of having no effect, i did mine all with 4 AWG. Would of went with 2AWG for the battery to ground though. Just like the Honda accords have it.

oh and remember to sand the area where the ground makes contact to.

00civicguy

5+ Year Member
dont u gotta do a tongue test

wouldn't u have 2 do the tongue test first 2 check for continuity?

guachi

5+ Year Member
I did the grounding myself too, i researched a little and found that there are 9 main grouding points... also it is good to have a voltage regulator installed within your battery terminals to ensure that quality voltage is used... look for 9 grounding poings on your engine bay... 1) batery negative terminal, 2) throttle body, 3) Alternator, 4) Right Strut, 5)Left Strut, 6) Ignition Coil, 7) Exhaust Manifold, 8) Firewall, 9) Head

As the other member said, sand off a little bit where the screws will meet the chasis, use copper rings in between also... that would help...

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from the home page, choose a forum and at the top left you'll see a button that says 'new thread'....click it and there you go. voi-la.

civic99coupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they acutally help alot... like always..the system is only as strong as its weakest link..so by improving these.. you'll see a big improvement in your cars electrical system

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which gauge size is recommended?

civic99coupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
4 gauge or anything higher if you can afford it. Buy quality brand wires. The cheap asian stuff is usually like 8 gauge wrapped in a really thick jacket and sold as 0 gauge.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
8awg is sufficient, 4awg is overkill.

jdmblahblahblah

5+ Year Member
so on the subject of grounds....i heard if you replace the 2 from the engine to frame and add 2 additional ones from the intake manifold to frame it makes vtec hit harder?.....idk my friend was wondering on his little civic and wanted me to find out.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm, I've heard that the more ground, the better the idle, could someone confirm this?