H22 EK Build Thread - Keeping it Clean for New England

H22 EK

it's currently running on c-16 race gas, It should put down around 600 all wheel.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It does look good. I love evos!

+1 on new numbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H22 EK

No it's not an automatic. I'm waiting on my ShepTrans and Exedy Twin Disc before I get it tuned.

H22 EK

an update on the car, it came with a Carbon Fiber SE Lip as well as the Voltex. I finally had a chance to put it on and see what it looks like.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought an 04 Evo back in 05 with 22k miles from a used car lot. Got a wrong insurance quote from the dealership. They quoted me $120/mo for insurance. That, coupled with my $480/mo car payment, put me right where I wanted to be. I owned the car for like 2 and a half weeks, get a call from Liberty Mutual, and they ask if my car is a Evo or a Raliart. I tell them Evo, and they say "the dealership made a mistake submitting paperwork. Your premium is going to change." me: "Okay, how much will it be?" them: "Um.. $420 a month". Needless to say, I took it back to the dealership, and tried to get them to fix their mistake. No one could help me, and ultimately, I had to give the car back and get my 93 Civic EG back (was not happy about that). If I had been able to keep it, I'd have undoubtedly stayed away from Hondas. That Evo was so ridiculous. There's nothing like AWD turbo. I think an STi or another Evo may be in my future rather than a Beamer haha.:cool:

H22 EK

Damn dude!! I have Liberty Mutual, they've treated me very well so far. I absolutely love the Evo. Even more so now.

H22 EK

rolled my fenders last night. Came out really really well. Now I can fit 275's all around.

H22 EK

So I've taken on a new challenge. I want to tuck my bay just like I did in my first civic. Shown here.

So I stripped my bay down, eliminated my A/C and I am currently re-routing my P/S lines. The bay will be resprayed metallic purple.

the fuse panel in the bay is going to be relocated to the glove box. The battery is going to be relocated to the trunk.

The engine is out of the car, had to pull the swap to get the trans out so I can send it to Shep and get it built with a dogbox.

H22 EK

I'm torn on which color to paint it to be honest. Metallic purple would match my wheels. I'd paint my VC, IC Piping and roll cage the same color.

H22 EK

So here's some progress as far as the build itself goes. I found a crack in the back of my trans case. Driver's Firewall side of the case.

I've shaved some brackets off the bay. The A/C line brackets on the pass strut tower, the hood prop bracket, also the fuse panel brackets on the dr side strut tower. I'm deleting my ABS so I dont have to deal with all the lines cluttering up the back of my bay, plus I get a slim master cylinder.

Picture time.

As for future plans, I need to get a used case or buy a new OEM one from mitsu. Depending on the price, that will determine whether I just buy a complete used 5 spd. I don't expect anything to be of use in this trans as it was run for about 20 miles with the hole in the case (no fluid). Sucks because I wanted my VIN tags to all match.

I'm finishing up on the engine bay, most of it is all taped up and ready to be sprayed. I'm still deciding on what color to go with. I've got a few ideas in mind. Either a metallic purple, color-matched Wicked White, or Tiffany and Co. Blue. Which ever color I do decide to use, I will end up color-matching my roll cage and rotas/ccw centers to the same color. I'll have more pictures as I continue to change things.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where does the case split? if its in the middle couldnt you just move the back half to the old trans?

H22 EK

Yeah its split on the gear side of the trans, the bell-housing is still alright. I dont think I can find one used 5spd (working) for less than 1000 shipped. The only good swapping the bell-housing would be that the VIN tags would still match.