All we need is torque, torque
Torque is all we need
Torque is all we need

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1st off the difficulty of the engine swap has nothing to do with the engine itself. so to whoever was crying about that at the beging, give up. if you dont know how to do it, or you think its hard to do it, dont do it.
some one mentioned something about all aluminum engine and weak walls. all honda engines are aluminum, and have weak cylinder walls.. and yes they are weak when you add nitrous or turbo to the stock engine. why would you even do that???you know'm saying.. its stock. if you;'re gona increase cylinder pressure why would you even attempt to fource more pressure into it than what it can handle from factory, or what it was designed to handle. you could do it just to be a cool and show off to your buddies, but that fame wont last you long. . so, in conclusion both engines are weak if your not tuning properly. someone provide me with information where i can see or read about what exactly makes the h22(stock) cylinder walls weaker then B18(stock). why would honda make the cylinder walls weaker if the 2.2 has more torque and horsepower. that doesn't make sense.

tranny:

someone said cable linkange FTL, lol.... whats why you still gota walkman, and im rocking the i-pod. please tell me what the advantage and disadvantages of using either cable or rod linkage set up. how would it effect overall egine performance. k series come with cable linkange, <sarcasticlity speaking>and we all know k series is god. h22s come with cable linkage, but we all know the h22 is heavy and sucks.</sarcasticlity speaking>

how can you say the h22 tranny is weaker if the egine its attached to has more horsepower and torque? meaning more stress and more load.. that also doesn't make sense to me. if it makes perfect sense to you, explain it to me. if anything its the same s**t, the only diffrence is the gear ratios. wha material is the type R tranny made of that makes it a much stronger tranny? to whoever is jocking the type R trannys, do you know whats inside of them to phisically makes them stronger or "better"? if you do know, please let me know cause i sure dont.

torque gets you off the line quicker and out of the turn faster.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I love h22's. It is probably gonna be my next choice for my next project.
The h22 was not hand built and is not perfectly balanced like a type R and does not have all of the lighter internals and was not made for constant revving.
H22 cylinder walls are great for a time, until age and wear get to the carbon matrix and then all you have left is aluminum cylinder walls. Sorry but Iron is a much better cylinder wall(K's have iron cylinders)
What is neat about K series is that people think that it is the next B series when really it is way more similar to an h22. You can take the valve out of an h22 and put it right into a k series head and it will look identical. Only difference being in that the K series has about 3/16 longer. the linkage doesn't bother me b/c my brother has an Si prelude and I like them both the same. Cable is smoother IMO. You feel like you are a part of the engine with a B series. Preference there really.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Also, gear ratios won't matter to me b/c when I do a turbo H, the longer gears will be a little better for boosting. What else is sick is that my motor will DESTROY a type R bolt ons or stock. Other sickening thing is that I could swap out my B series(hypothetically) for an H series(the whole shebang) for less than I could even buy a type R motor and bolt up to my existing setup. I could do an H2B with all my stuff and rape a type R b/c of my SIR2 tranny w/ LSD makes it identical in gear ratios to a usdm type R. Great plan for me If my motor already wasn't a 200 whp n/a motor. If the B blows for any reason, for the right price I may just build an H all motor & nitrous.

GoDave!

hector said:
K series is god. We all know the H22 is heavy and sucks.
I'm sorry but that is the stupidest thing I have ever read. K-series are WAY overrated and way overpriced. And the H22 weighs a WHOPPING 35 or so lbs more than a K. Dang so heavy. Nothing a relocated battery or even a carbon hood couldn't fix. I think H22A's are great engines and definitely a better solution for speed.

Who wants to spend s**t loads of money to be just as fast as someone who spent half as much as you? Think about it. Most people are dropping K's in cars just to fit in. it's ridiculous. In some areas if you don't have a K, or aren't into K's the most, it's like you don't matter or don't know anything about cars. I'm sick of it.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
Also, gear ratios won't matter to me b/c when I do a turbo H, the longer gears will be a little better for boosting. What else is sick is that my motor will DESTROY a type R bolt ons or stock. Other sickening thing is that I could swap out my B series(hypothetically) for an H series(the whole shebang) for less than I could even buy a type R motor and bolt up to my existing setup. I could do an H2B with all my stuff and rape a type R b/c of my SIR2 tranny w/ LSD makes it identical in gear ratios to a usdm type R. Great plan for me If my motor already wasn't a 200 whp n/a motor. If the B blows for any reason, for the right price I may just build an H all motor & nitrous.
Nail = right on the head. I love long gears!

except for the n/a nitrous part:thumbdown

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it was sarcasm dave. sorry, i dont use smilies too often. im on your side

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
no biggie....i thought you were serious
never that..

hey, do you know anything about the spec S tranny? ive read it has the shortest ratios out of all the H22 trannys
or the euro R crank? ive also read its the lightest factory crank.

there's type s and then spec-S, right?(japan)

GoDave!

hector said:
never that..

hey, do you know anything about the spec S tranny? ive read it has the shortest ratios out of all the H22 trannys
or the euro R crank? ive also read its the lightest factory crank.

there's type s and then spec-S, right?(japan)
The S-spec had an LSD, the Type-S hadthe ATTS ystem, same as the SHs here in the U.S. the gearing on the Type-S is the same as all 5th gen Preludes. Except for Australias version (VTi-R) That one had a different final drive..

and the euro crank is a lighter weight crank than the Preludes, and other Accords. It also has a different set of cams, but thats it.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
The S-spec had an LSD, the Type-S hadthe ATTS ystem, same as the SHs here in the U.S. the gearing on the Type-S is the same as all 5th gen Preludes. Except for Australias version (VTi-R) That one had a different final drive..

and the euro crank is a lighter weight crank than the Preludes, and other Accords. It also has a different set of cams, but thats it.

and the intake manifold.

LS_VTEC_oya

N/A all day homie
5+ Year Member
can this & will this ever end???? i mean daym there is more to life then arguing w/ ppl you might never see!!! it's about personal preff....k-series is on its way to GOD mode 2.0 ltr. i-VTEC rated 220hp 159? trq, h22 TYPE-S 2.2 ltr. VTEC rated 220hp 163trq. h2b GS-R tranny w/ LS 5th gear..i'd personally do that to mines! so in the end I.M.O. the h22 is the poor mans k20, i'm a fan of most of em', b16b because of the ablitiy it has to REV dont really care for the b16a, h22, B18C5, B18C,& the k20 but since i'm in school all i can afford is the h22 & barely that. you have to be an idiot to say the k is "overrated" or "garbO" dammit its a step HONDA engine tech. to say....b-series, k-series & what ever other series is overrated, if thats the case is HONDA MOTOR CO. as a whole overrated...?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
where the f*ck did I say it would whoop a K. I just brought up some people who run the H all day long and have beaten heavily worked K's in the same chassis.
right there... you just said it again

GoDave! said:
Nail = right on the head. I love long gears!
most frumaroll ricer "street racers" do
it wont be worth a s**t on the track... but you'll be able to do pretty well as long as you start the race at about 80mph
practice saying this: "wanna frumaroll?"

12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
wow, so if you add a turbo and swap out the transmission you can beat a motor that had less power to begin with... that's genius!
did you have to go to school to figure that out?
lets just leave out the fact that even though it's possible, the stock h22 is one of the worst honda motors for boost. go ahead and add reliability to the list of things you dont matter to you

and yes, put a stock c5 and a stock h22 into the same chassis with equal drivers and the c5 will pass the 1/4mile marker first every time. While the h22 does have good low end torque to help it get off the line quicker, low end torque wont do s**t for you at the higher speeds and that's when the c5 will fly past the h22.
this isnt a guess nor a conclusion i came to after weighing the specs.... it's something that's been tried and proven on many occasions.

while the c5 is overpriced for the power, the motor itself is a work of art.
the entire motor is hand built/assembled to near perfection and it's amazing construction and efficiency shine through at those high rpm's

if you're focused solely on bang for the buck power... then f**k the h22, buy yourself a foxbody mustang with a 5.0 (you can buy the whole car for the price of a h22) and do a few cheap boltons

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
and yes, put a stock c5 and a stock h22 into the same chassis with equal drivers and the c5 will pass the 1/4mile marker first every time. While the h22 does have good low end torque to help it get off the line quicker, low end torque wont do s**t for you at the higher speeds and that's when the c5 will fly past the h22.
Ok but the H22A has more tq and more horsepower than the ITR so what do you mean?

DX/VTEC

V-TAK ENGAGE!
5+ Year Member
Not true at all......all the H23 bottom end is good for is blowin up.
DetainedCivic said:
I seen a b18c5 run 125shot and race gas and it held up and the guy runs it every weekend. They are much stronger motors then the H22. If you want to make a strong H-series do a h23 bottom end with h22 head and it will be built proof.

GoDave!

$lick Rick said:
if you're focused solely on bang for the buck power... then f**k the h22, buy yourself a foxbody mustang with a 5.0 (you can buy the whole car for the price of a h22) and do a few cheap boltons
P.S. My buddy with a foxbody 5.0 ran my STOCK 2000 Integra LS sedan......He pulled about 2 cars on it by 70mph. :roll:

100Percen% said:
Ok but the H22A has more tq and more horsepower than the ITR so what do you mean?
He doesn't mean anything because he's being irrational

Howbout this...stock for stock a Prelude VTEC runs a verrrry similar time than an ITR in a quarter. (like 15.1)
Oh and the Prelude weighs roughly 300lbs (depending on options and such) more than an ITR. So in the SAME chassis. Which has the upper hand????? Like I said I have owned and worked on too many B-series engines not too know that there is not much there after 3rd gear compared to the H22A. I have driven both H22 and B18 powered cars. The H pulls sooo much harder. Sometimes people that have ITR CRX's and most of them were in the mid 14's!!!! and a few in the lows. I have seen some high 13's but none of them have been as impressive as the H.

ESPs customers are pulling low/flat 13's all day on street tires.... Who cares if a B18C5 is "handbuilt" and all that nonsense. As far a I'm concerned, a slighty higher CR and it's tuuubular revving abilities are not going to make it a whooole lot different than that of your average B16A/B18C. Nor will it pull as hard as an H22A can. All of this according to what I have seen and experienced with these setups.

Now I know you didn't read all the fantasy land bullshit that Blazed displayed on this thread, hence why you posted the same nonsense, much to my surprise......the exact same wording. But I really don't feel like explaining it AGAIN. So keep dreaming. I'm so sorry that torque actually DOES win this particular race.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
with that F22 trans, Neon SRT-4's were taken down...from a dead stop. That's pretty damn impressive in my book.
beating an SRT4 off the line is the least impressive thing i've read in this thread. those things are shat off the line. its pretty well known actually. wheelhop > SRT4

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
Now I know you didn't read all the fantasy land bullshit that Blazed displayed on this thread, hence why you posted the same nonsense, much to my surprise......the exact same wording. But I really don't feel like explaining it AGAIN. So keep dreaming. I'm so sorry that torque actually DOES win this particular race.
I posted the same thing as Blazed?