H22A vs B18C5 WTF???

GoDave!

Blazed said:
..i might not have ever owned a h22 but i know many people who did :thumbup:
I reduced your post for you because that's ALL you had to say. Now I don't care how old you are and how many posts you have on here. To me you are just another rookie comin on here claiming Type-woRld domination You have never truly worked with an H22, nor have you owned one. I don't care who you know who has. If they agree with you, then they are obviously doing something wrong. And if that's the case, tell them to pull and send those H-series my way because I want to be the one to rub it in their face when Olock and myself are done with the swaps and they're done their Type-Rs.

Blazed said:
but im done with this thread...i honestly don't care if godave likes a b series or not..
have a good one :thumbup:
good great grand WONDERFUL! *sigh of relief* for you leaving.

OLOCK

Banned
your so right, there was actually a 1 degree difference in the dynos, hence the reason the type r could only muster less then 80 wheel foot pounds at redline. however if it was dynoed at the same temperature it would have broken dyno because we all know that the 8600 rpms would have made too much power for the dyno to contain. do you honestly think that the temperature and elevation made the type r dyno so terribly in the torque category????????????? no, its because its a b series and they just dont have any torque.

page three: "u not acknowledging how big a factor revving (7200 h22 9200 type r) and specially gear ratios play in a race speaks to ur ignorance...why did they invent the h2b? rofl..what major advantage does the K series motor have over the B other than ivtec and vtc lol..think about it."

funny how you try to distort the information so badly. redline on a h22 is 7500 rpms, the redline on a b18c5 is 8600 rpms, i dont care what it can actually rev it out to. most cars that hav big torque have really tall gear ratios to help reduce the likeihood of spinning. if im not mistaken i do believe that the z06 corvettes first gear goes to something stupidily high like 60mph. have you heard any of those guys crying about tall gear ratios? and at what mph are you shifting into third on your type r stock? 50? 52? 55? seriously?

p.s. they made the plate to be able to swap the b series trans to the h series trans because most people with high output h22 trans were breaking them too often and the b series is alot stronger then the h series. you are aware that they also have a plate to be able to put the dseries trans onto a h22. h series trans are really weak.

DEFIANT

1OO% PINOY
5+ Year Member
Man... I was searching for an H22 swap and here I find this long thread... took me 2 hours LoL!

I was also considering to get an H22, before my aim was getting an LS motor but for the power... I'll go with the H22 for the long run.

That was a long debate...

DEFIANT

1OO% PINOY
5+ Year Member
Is there anyway you can cram in PS and AC?

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but i want A/C. A/C = good. what's P/S?
H22= no A/C. I considered this build before but the shitty tranny and goofy install made it a no-go. I had a b18c5 that was the s**t. Expensive but the s**t none the less.

DEFIANT

1OO% PINOY
5+ Year Member
H22= no A/C. I considered this build before but the shitty tranny and goofy install made it a no-go. I had a b18c5 that was the s**t. Expensive but the s**t none the less.
The thing is that the H22 can produce 200HP as well as the B18C, H22 are more inexpensive than the B18...
total amount spending on the H22 is about $3000 thats including labor, engine mount, and oil...
Im considering getting the H22 but I want to have AC... so yeah, its been boggling my head...