H22EJ8 Rebuild (Blown motor, 56k no)

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I mean the very last one, they just show the engine bay. The motor is turned 90 degrees like the f-series but the car is FWD...

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, that's Brent L's car (PFI Speed, he's the guy that built my current motor). Its an 00 civic SI, s2k motor mounted backwards to a power glyde, and a custom differential setup to still be FWD. It's his pro front car but they haven't got a front clip on it yet so Bandimere wont let him run. Made TONS of power, i've seen it on the dyno a few times, but he hasn't made the number public yet.

The whole front end is separate from the car, so the rest of the body (firewall-back) acts as it's own wheelie bar.

You can search Brent L's SFWD on honda-tech, or PFI Speed and find more pictures of it from Sema in the drag racing section of honda-tech.

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you leavingthe car NA permanently?
i bet you'd make HUGE numbers with a turbo.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you leavingthe car NA permanently?
i bet you'd make HUGE numbers with a turbo.
You've got A LOT of learning to do.

Yes, the car/setup is N/A, permanently.

Without completely tearing down the motor, and rebuilding it (again), it's a horrible candidate to boost. It's already more than capable of 12's at altitude, with long gears, N/A. Which is faster than 75% of the boosted honda's at this altitude.

The block I got from Brent @ PFI came out of his old SFWD car ("The bully") and had low compression pistons in it at one point, with sock cams. Made 800+whp and ran 9.2 here in Colorado.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Loving it bro, surprised I haven't seen you at the races... So what part of CO do you live in?

Good Luck with the build!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It has been forever since i've been on here. My car has been long gone since December and i thought i'd come reminisce over all the good times it gave me! Wish i would of never given it up!!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has been forever since i've been on here. My car has been long gone since December and i thought i'd come reminisce over all the good times it gave me! Wish i would of never given it up!!
damn, i really liked this car too. i sold my car the beginning of this year, and regret doing so also!