Headlight mystery - Are these SiR or what?

whisky

5+ Year Member
I got a pair of these JDM OEM lights today. They came off of a civic. 2nd hand. never repaired/opened.

What the problem is that you can see the bulb directly. It doesn't have the shiny thing with 3 spokes that covers the bulb. How come?

Unlike this other light I have;

Any ideas?

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeh those are SiR they dont come with the glare shield and I dont think you can install US ones in there. You shouldnt have a problem with light output though...

DAPLOVER

5+ Year Member
yup they are SIR. i got a pair of my own last week. love them!

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so, since the SiR headlights don't have those glare shields, does it give a better light output? or does it not really matter? Would it help with HID kits or anything like that?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are fake..i'll take them from u :banana:

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you were to use HID's in the headlights with no glare shield you are likely going to piss off other motorists as well as cause a hazard to them while driving. You may be able to see just fine, but blinding them at the same time is not the way to go about it...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JDM headlights don't have the shield. US and EDM headlights do, though they're different styles (at least for the different manufacturers). US shields are shaped like a curved "T". EDM Valeo lights have a round, dome-like shield.

All USDM 6G lights are made by Stanley. EDM ones are made by Stanley or Valeo. JDM ones are made by Stanley.

whisky

5+ Year Member
Thanks alot guys. Lol you wouldn't believe how much I paid for them. $55 :P Yeah that's how much they sell for around here in junkyards, brand spanking new though :P

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do they say stanley on them?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i removed the glare shield from a set of USDM headlights when i did a DIY black housing...... it made no noticeable difference. they had the exact same beam pattern :what:

but yeah, props for some SiR lights :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The fluting on the reflectors within the lights vary from the US to EDM Valeo lights. The Valeo lights give better output (even though they have a bigger shield).

I wouldn't be surprised if it's different from the US to JDM ones either.

Oh, and all JDM lights are the same besides the CTR ones.

whisky

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the input. I gave them to a friend for black housing. Will post pictures tomorrow with them on the car hopefully.

@xspeedsi02

I live in Pakistan. It'll probably cost crazy amounts of cash to get them delivered so far away.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OH NO! Is your friend going to open them up and paint them? :smackself Butttttttt you did get them cheap, so:what:.

whisky

5+ Year Member
^

LOL. Hopefully it's gonna be a professional job since he owns a workshop over here. Lets hope for the best.

I got rid of the strips from the front bumper that the 96-98 civics have. The bumper and the lights should be ready and in place today hopefully. I'll post pictures then.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got rid of the strips from the front bumper that the 96-98 civics have. The bumper and the lights should be ready and in place today hopefully. I'll post pictures then.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I guess you guys can take these things for granted since they are basically stock over there?

trlonmtv2

5+ Year Member
Nice pick up! I have the ones with the shield,they are pretty much brand new but I dont like 'em too much... I'm going to sell them when I do my front end conversion.