heaten the tires

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
well, IROC no longer exists, and yes there are multiple events similar to the point your failing to prove.

IFO, BOTI, NSCRA, NOPI, CMI <- all "competitions" that have multiple dates.

I dont think you realize how big honda drag racing is, or what some of these cars are runing in the 1320
None of those are similar to IROC. So no there is nothing similar to IROC racing because drag racing is about the cars not the driver talent.

Sense you don't seem to know I will fill you in on the facts. IROC had cars that were all prepped exactly the same and tested the drivers skill alone. None of the series you mentioned do anything like that. The reason they don't have/didn't have races like that is because drag racing takes very little skill.

I don't doubt that Honda racing is big and know that they can be very fast. But it's the car not the driver!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drag racing is about the cars not the driver talent.
dude, im not even to drag racing, but i can tell you that the drive has to have talent. lol talent to know what the f**k their doing and getting the job done right. car's don't drive themselves buddy

LaPlaca92

If you get two Identical cars in a drag race, one can rape the other depending on the skills of the driver, it's all about shifting at the right moment and direction of the car, a car going of at the slightest curve will get a worse time than a car going completely straight (or almost completely straight). It's not just shifting at the right moment in drag racing, there are a lot of physics involved and it is quite complicated.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and its not just shifting, the start has alot to do with it as well

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
None of those are similar to IROC. So no there is nothing similar to IROC racing because drag racing is about the cars not the driver talent.

Sense you don't seem to know I will fill you in on the facts. IROC had cars that were all prepped exactly the same and tested the drivers skill alone. None of the series you mentioned do anything like that. The reason they don't have/didn't have races like that is because drag racing takes very little skill.

I don't doubt that Honda racing is big and know that they can be very fast. But it's the car not the driver!
Ok, i understand that IROC had cars that all performed the same...thats cool, but its kinda like being in the special olympics. If it was so great, it would still be around...the NHRA has been around since 1951. which means the NHRA is 23 years older. Not only that, but IROC chose the drivers because they had won championships....which includes drivers from the NHRA ;)

how is drag racing about just cars and not driver talent? Its easy to build a honda that makes 1100-1200 whp, but the driver and tuner have to make that power usable...correct?

reaction time
knowing when to pedal
knowing when to ride out the limiter
knowing when to let out of it

all things that require skill. There is a reason why John Force has won 15 championships....hes an amazing driver. Im not saying that road racing dosent take skill...i have a friend who is a crew member on a very reputable time attack car, and its a constant struggle to keep going faster, and those guys work their asses off.

Its obvious to me that you have no idea what your talking about, and thats fine...i guess not everyone can have common sense. I think you just dont know enough about the sport, and all you see it as is the light turns green and you go. There is much more to it.

LaPlaca92

and its not just shifting, the start has alot to do with it as well
I don't know how I left that out, the start is one of the main keys to a good time, you cannot just floor it and peel out for 2 seconds, or the other car has a 2 second gap on you.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you literally have no idea what the f**k you are talking about..

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is mad dog a troll? you argue would argue the shape of the world if you had the chance.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
was that english?
jk. you had one to many argues in there

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes it was. He just accidentally put the first "argue" in there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i read it and was like wtf? then i kept reading it after i posted and figured it out

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Ok, i understand that IROC had cars that all performed the same...thats cool, but its kinda like being in the special olympics. If it was so great, it would still be around...the NHRA has been around since 1951. which means the NHRA is 23 years older. Not only that, but IROC chose the drivers because they had won championships....which includes drivers from the NHRA ;)
Doesn't mean anything. Rally racing has been around sense 1911

how is drag racing about just cars and not driver talent? Its easy to build a honda that makes 1100-1200 whp, but the driver and tuner have to make that power usable...correct?

reaction time
knowing when to pedal
knowing when to ride out the limiter
knowing when to let out of it
...Basic driving skills

all things that require skill. There is a reason why John Force has won 15 championships....hes an amazing driver. Im not saying that road racing dosent take skill...i have a friend who is a crew member on a very reputable time attack car, and its a constant struggle to keep going faster, and those guys work their asses off..
There is a reason he has won 15 champoinships. Because he had a faster car!

Its obvious to me that you have no idea what your talking about, and thats fine...i guess not everyone can have common sense. I think you just dont know enough about the sport, and all you see it as is the light turns green and you go. There is much more to it.
I guess if you've never driven a car before, then there would be more to it.

SuperDanny

^ word up, i have a huffy with rockets and i can do 6.5 sec 1/4 with stock brakes, 6.2 with no helmet, lol would my bike count as a crotch rocket? lol i needed a pick me up and the site has provided once again....:lol:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ there you go, talk about power to weight ratio. :lol: