HELP... not going into boost. . .

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um if i remember correctly the bov is regulated by vacumm so you would still have some kinda blow off take off the intake pipe and see if she is spinning :what:

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no intake she spins just fine like crazy, the valve seat is in, but it maybe on wrong can someone give me a pic of how it should be. . ?

budget_crx

Honest Officer,That Fast?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1. make sure the chargepiping is tight with no leaks between couplings or holes anywhere
2. make sure the vaccuuum source o the wastegate is strong with no leaks, a direct source with no T fiittings would be best.
3. check for any pre-turbo exhaust leaks, turbo mounts lossening, cracked manifold etc.

if everything checks out ok then im thinking it has to be your wastegate. try opening it manual by carefully pulling the actuator rod so that the flapper is open. was there any resistance? also, where does the vaccuum source for the wastegate come in at? is it a pull or a push actuator?

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have 2 T- fittings on there that don't even get any use, i'm gonna buy some new lines and replace everything then i'm gonna zip tie all the vac lines, after that i'm gonna re-screw all the couplings. i drove it last ngiht after work once with no exhaust and i could swear i saw 2 psi i dunno what the hell is going on tho. no BOV between shifts just down spool. :(

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
xxsenceo89x said:
maybe the bov's stuck open. :what:

i have no clue

funny, i was just about to say the same thing

a fudged BOV will allow the turbo to spool but all boost will be lost before your IM

i've only seen or heard of it happening once though

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm stumped as well.....definitely check out the BOV....that might be the problem.

jdog

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i told this chump to check to bov. said it was working. just take it a performance near you.

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm not a chump, n00b. i finally went into boost. my BOV is an authentic HKS SSQV BOV. i had a massive leak at the manifold gasket between the head and the manifold, so i replaced that and now i found a crack in the manifold that is getting fixed tomorrow. but yeah everything is all good now, i'm getting my tune, my manifold fixed and finally gonna experience boost once again. but thanks for all the support guys!

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haven't gotten my tune yet getting that done on the first of June. but can someone please explain to me why my car will not go into VTEC. Everytime i hit 5500, the car will cut back, the waste gate will open and if i floor it the car will stutter and start jolting back and forth. plus, all of my power will just simply disappear. I'm pushing 5 psi. i have the wastegate vacuumed to the turbo compressor housing, is that the cause? plus it went into VTEC before the downpipe so why is now soo different..?

here are some pics or problems

smoke coming out of the breather valve filter (don't think thats normal)

fills the entire cabin with smoke :( windows always down sunroof always back.

plus the damn thing sounds like it's gonna shut off, and it does it floods ALL the damn time. almost got into 3 accidents cuz of that s**t it always bogs the f**k down as soon as i take off normally at a light.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get it tuned.

edit: i think your injectors are to big. 550c on 5psi seems like a lil bit to much. that could be causing the flooding

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Map sensor maybe?
i agree 550 for 5 psi is to much, only need like 310, they get maxed out around 218hp

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's supposed to be running 10 psi i have 6 days til i get my tune.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my guess(didnt see anyoen else say it) is the Map sensor, what map sensor are you running?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i remember correctly(not sure i do on this one) stock MAP is a 1.8bar
1.8 bar =26 psi ,so i dont think that is right.

try getting a 2.5 or 3 bar mapsensor