Help with B18B1, very new to this motor!

Clutch93Civic

ok so here is the story. Swapped in a single to a dual D15B7 to a B18B1. Now i just ran a compression test on my LS swap today on my 92 EG 4 door shell. and im pushing really low compression. It was calibrated correctly and etc. it read from left to right, "75psi, 75 psi, 80psi, and 75psi." With cylinder 4's sparkplug (far left) drenched with oil. Now i heard it can be valve guide seals, stems, and piston rings. I really dont know what it could be honestly, im burning approximately 1 qt. of oil per week!!!!. Please, any help will be appreciated. This is my everyday car to go to college and back and i just wanna have it running right instead of wrong. I was thinking of going straight aftermarket with forged pistons, rods, and rings, and a cast iron crankshaft for 1grand. Worth it or not? any feedback will be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou for your time reading this.

jessye08

i dont think it would be your valve stem seals that could cause the oil problem but not the compression its most likely gonna be your rings but you coulsd possibly have some bent valves but im leaning towards the rings. that would explain the oil and the compression problem. a real easy way to find out what it is would be a leek down test. put each cylinder on tdc on the compression stroke then fill the cylinder with air if your valves are leaking youll hear it in the intake or exauhst manifold if its the rings youll here the air in the oil pan. hope this helps

Clutch93Civic

i dont think it would be your valve stem seals that could cause the oil problem but not the compression its most likely gonna be your rings but you coulsd possibly have some bent valves but im leaning towards the rings. that would explain the oil and the compression problem. a real easy way to find out what it is would be a leek down test. put each cylinder on tdc on the compression stroke then fill the cylinder with air if your valves are leaking youll hear it in the intake or exauhst manifold if its the rings youll here the air in the oil pan. hope this helps
ooh ok ok, im definitely going to do the leak down test, and i was also thinking about doing the wet test for the compression test which involves putting oil on top of your piston and if my reading from 75psi jumps to 150psi, then it will definitely be the rings, also i will try another dry test, but with another gauge because it might have been mis-calibrated? but thanks for the help, leak down test is definitely next on my agenda.

jessye08

o and also you could have a blown head gasket if thats the case when you do the test youll here the air in the radiator and the water should bubble up with the cap of.

Clutch93Civic

I did the compression test and I was pushing 200psi per cylinder no leaks, head gasket is perfect, I really don't know what's wrong with this oil tho...