Hendo's EF hatch project

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It was the o2 sensor. The wire crumbled in my hand when I touched it. The shitty egay header that was in there put the wire right into the radiator fan and it ate away part of it. I've got a nicer header in there now and the o2 bung is in a totally different spot, doesn't goon the wire any more.

Lanceuppercut06

ok so its the O2 sensor for some reason i thought it was the pvc valve or hose cool ill check it out this weekend thanks.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So after asking opinions on what to do with the rims I was gonna leave the lips polished. But then driving around the day after dropping them off, I see no less than THREE hatches driving around with black rims with polished lips. So I called the shop up and had them coat the whole things:

And I'm glad I did. It's gonna go with the other accessories I have planned. The y7 is out of the 92 now, so it's going into this car soon so I can at least speed on the freeway without burning a quart of oil every 100 miles lol

Decipher

Registered VIP
Damn man. I'll have to wait to see them on the car, but I personally would have kept lips. I'm sure they're still going to look good, but for some reason it's hard for me to appreciate nice wheels when they get lost in the darkness of wheel wells, wrapped in black rubber... maybe get a big brake kit if you can squeeze them behind those rims. At least you did it legit and coated them.

In any case, can't wait to see them on the ride... with a nice stance to go along!

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man. I'll have to wait to see them on the car, but I personally would have kept lips. I'm sure they're still going to look good, but for some reason it's hard for me to appreciate nice wheels when they get lost in the darkness of wheel wells, wrapped in black rubber... maybe get a big brake kit if you can squeeze them behind those rims. At least you did it legit and coated them.

In any case, can't wait to see them on the ride... with a nice stance to go along!
That's actually something I'm considering. There's a guy on here selling modified S2000 calipers. Probably gonna get em, have the calipers coated purple to match the lugs lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And hey, can always take a sander to em if they don't look right ;)

Decipher

Registered VIP
That's actually something I'm considering. There's a guy on here selling modified S2000 calipers. Probably gonna get em, have the calipers coated purple to match the lugs lol
Now that might make up for any heartbreak I felt over the wheels. Because don't forget... in the end, you're building this car solely for my entertainment! :what: haha But that would look tight.

Edit: Stumbled across these in my nightly wheel search... you should totally buy them, and switch it up and do black lugs nuts instead.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/pts/2716573740.html

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now that might make up for any heartbreak I felt over the wheels. Because don't forget... in the end, you're building this car solely for my entertainment! :what: haha But that would look tight.

Edit: Stumbled across these in my nightly wheel search... you should totally buy them, and switch it up and do black lugs nuts instead.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/pts/2716573740.html
That's right, it is NOT for my personal edification. It is solely for the enjoyment of other members of cc lolol

Yeah, it's gonna need a little more color, but I've gotta do the stupid rear disk conversion too. We shall see what happens.

Those rims are just a TAD too fly for my taste. XD

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
All that matters is that you like it, its your car and your money, so if it doesn't look good you gotta drive it like that or pay to have it redone, polished lip would have looked cool, but I understand not wanting the same as everyone else, maybe see if you can have the lip coated purple.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One of these days I'm going to have to take the time to actually put all this crap in my car lolololol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had the y7 block and head installed and it now runs great. The idle is practically silent, it runs up to the fuel cutoff with no clouds of black smoke, and its smooth as butter at any revs. My man bill replaced the clutch and cleaned everything up. It feels like new. Shifts are so light although the throws are big rig long compared to the 92. Its just about the exact opposite of that car, and I'm loving it for every opposite reason I now love the 92. Variety is my favorite :D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah yeah, been slacking on the pictures, I know that's what errbody likes. So here's the Y7 block and head in the bay:

I really can't explain how nice this motor is running. It's quieter and has less vibration than my friends 2001 LX coupe, and he's only got 160k on his motor. Not bad for a cobbled-together d-swap lol

AND IT BURNS NO OIL. Most importantly. :D

turbomoonie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Build is fantastic. Always loved 4th gens (sedans moreso). Good luck and keep up the good work!!!!

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Big news, I'm finally saving for the body work. I'm at about 10% of what I need, which is going to go up to 30% after this weekend. The wheels are going to go on in the late spring, same time as the body work gets done (I'm estimating). Now that I've solved (mostly) the motor problems with the 92, I can start saving for this. It's about time, but I didn't want to burn a few grand on a car that swilled oil like nutso. Now that the go is right for now, it's time to make good with the show.

I'd tell you my plans, but it's a secret to everyone. I'll give one piece away: the plans do NOT involve a body kit ;)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Up to $1387 saved for the body work/paint.

Hopefully going to have what I need by the time the BS snow weather is done. Ugh.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U can go ahead and send that money my way for my build...