Hendo's EF hatch project

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fun stuff. :D

Can't wait to put it in. Came from the Netherlands, the Dutch newspaper it was packed in had a Harry Potter halloween story on the front page lol

Ordered an engine stand yesterday too.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well for $60 I wasn't expecting much, but the box showed up broken and ALL three hardware bags were split and missing stuff, so now I'm waiting for some washers and clips before I tighten everything up, but you get the idea:

And I love seeing this stuff on my porch:

I wanted a solid one as fat as my Carbing front bar, I think I can call this one a good match lol. Now to just get some free weekend time to slap that baby on there. Been keeping up pretty well at work but it's dark out by the time I'm done every day during the week. Time and no money or money and no time. It's not fair O.o

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Nice, lol yeah I have time right now but no money, but at least you have 2 now, I need to find a project car, I want a civic wagon, or a hatch.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
went through all of the pages of your build. I love it. I came to the end noticing wheels and they were not unwrapped yet :(. In for updates :D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I'm getting some blasting and powdercoating done this week, so I suppose I do need to post a "before" picture ;)

Got these off a CC member and they're in excellent shape for 22 year old rims. One very small donk on one rim, everything else is great. I've always loved the five spoke design, but most of the contemporary ones are gay, and the ones that look good, everybody has. Not hatin' the slips, but I decided to go old skool, or "period correct" if you will lol So, old skool Enkeis it is :D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gonna do black with the purple lugs. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to leave the lips polished, or coat the entire rims.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
As long as they are clean I would leave them polished, it will give them some contrast, a color break from the tires to the center,
and purple lugs are perfect with your car color.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dropped em off at paint shop today. Should be done by next week.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I hope you told them to leave the lips polished. I love those rims. Good choice... Nice pickup.

There's a kid on here with a set of those on a 6th gen sedan(?) that look sickly.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this i would leave the lips polished and im tuned in for pics of them when you get them back

Lanceuppercut06

Hey hendo you ever figure out what that problem was when you accelerated when the engine was cold ? Cuz before my head gasket blew it was doing the same thing.