Hendo's EF hatch project

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hawk HPS pads front and rear. Might have to get some bigger wheels to clear the front calipers. I hope not, I like my 15s.

Caleb.N

if you want a colour that would compliment the purple I think you should have went white Or maybe a matt white Im a fan of white rims

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran 15x7 +44 with Legend 2 piston caliper 4x100 conversion, you should be good
What size rotor did you run? This is a 10.9" rotor.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The wheels fit the calipers. Not having to buy new wheels means the exhaust can happen sooner, which is nice. Pics when I get em.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pic fix for my Civic homies :D

Got the brakes all taken care of, it'll pull your face off, I can't even imagine how it's going to be when I upgrade the MC. And it looks pretty to boot.

S2000 fronts:

Del slo rears:

And I realized I haven't posted any pics of two of my favorite parts.

Euro console pocket via das Nederlands (the camera made the carpet look weird, it is NOT pink lol):

And the LED spoiler via Malaysia:

If I can swing it next week (post-payday), I might be doing the exhaust. Also going to be doing a BWR short throw shifter, probably at the same time. Then after that it's LCAs and perhaps a rear subframe brace because it looks fly. Then I've just got the motor and maybe recovering the drivers seat to take care of the good old fashioned bolster-hole. But I may start on the red one before the motor and drivers seat in this one. It's a little more fun to dig around junkyards when it's not freezing outside, and I've gotta find a clean liftgate and bumper cover.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Upgraded to a 15/16" master cylinder and now the pedal is insanely firm, can take it right to the edge of lockup with a stab of the toe. Which is probably good, because I weaseled a spot onto Gingerman Raceway at the West Michigan Honda Meet this weekend. Hour of classroom instruction and four 20 minute stints on the track over two days. Should be hilarious, I've never been. Pics to come.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I lied. Looking at the schedule, it's an hour and fifteen in the classroom and EIGHT 20 minute stints on the track. Almost 3 hours of track time! :D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WMHM13 @ Gingerman Raceway

Guy wasn't pushing it hard, but it was nice to look at:

I didn't fully understand what it is about these cars that makes them so great. Pulling a g sideways at like 55 with it floored in 3rd, hitting an apex and winding it out.. If you haven't, you gotta try it. It's crazy intense, and I was sore all next day. First session was pretty terrifying. Second session was totally different and completely ludicrous. Trail braking, sliding it around a little.. and the grip. Christ, the grip. Plans for a turbo in this car are gone. Probably still do the z6 swap with maybe some cams and an S300, but it doesn't need much more power. All about the sideways. I'd guess that I've never pushed my car more than 40% of what its capable of. Really eye opening.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That looks like so much fun!! I've always wanted to do that. Never lived near a road course though :(

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what it's all about, pushing your car and yourself to the limit and finding a balance between the two.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sounds like a blast man! I can't wait to take my car out to a track.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Just went through the thread all the way from page 1! So much dedication to the car! It's clear you can see how much work, time, money, etc has been put into this car. I'll be waiting for more progress and lots of track pics. Also maybe post up some lap times each time you goto the track so you can see how much you and your car improve each time. I wish there was a road course near me, I'd have to travel out of state to goto a road course.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats pretty cool. no matter the car its always fun to be in the revs and going sideways. when do you plan on going again?

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Congrats man, nice to see a EF on the track. Next time get some nice tires with more grip before you do any engine mods. Stay stock until your skills surpass your power needs. Better to learn slow than mess up fast. Try some Falken Rt615, Bridgestone RE11, or Dunlop Star Spec. Have fun, PM with any questions.