homemade air intake

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Zach-R said:
i just took the resonator out and dropped in a k&n filter. i had a ebay short ram and the stock intake looks better IMO(doesnt look CHEAP), but im curious whats the purpose of having the short ram piping? is aluminum more resistant to heat?
Better and more air flow.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm guessing it's also smoother.

BillKisme

IM a Carbon Fiber whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did the same thing as Green did on my old Hatch.. I like the look of it

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you drive an Si. dont f**k it up with some pos intake

Ross

^_^
5+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
was looking to get AEM originally then i saw this thread ...

thanks for looking out

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zach-R said:
i just took the resonator out and dropped in a k&n filter. i had a ebay short ram and the stock intake looks better IMO(doesnt look CHEAP), but im curious whats the purpose of having the short ram piping? is aluminum more resistant to heat?
the pipe flows better then the stock pipe, ever look in a stock intake tube?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
what does that have to do with anything?
becouse its a B series?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get a K&N drop in filter and call it a day..

Ekboi126

5+ Year Member
its all good to drive with ur homemade intake until the dam cops pull u over and tell u to pop ur hood and sees that it doesnt have a carb number and he gives u crap about it.

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ekboi126 said:
its all good to drive with ur homemade intake until the dam cops pull u over and tell u to pop ur hood and sees that it doesnt have a carb number and he gives u crap about it.
I live in florida and I work for a police department, maybe its because we dont have vehicle inspections down here but if your asked to open a closed and/or locked part of your vehicle hood/trunk/glove box etc ... by an officer, you can say no unless he has probable cause (which is hard evidence that something is wrong, gut feelings dont count) ... again we dont have vehicle inspections down here so it may be different by you.

an another note - get an ebay itnake or make your own - its all the same s**t .. .some bent pipe with a filter ..

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats what i got

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Drackonn said:
I live in florida and I work for a police department, maybe its because we dont have vehicle inspections down here but if your asked to open a closed and/or locked part of your vehicle hood/trunk/glove box etc ... by an officer, you can say no unless he has probable cause (which is hard evidence that something is wrong, gut feelings dont count) ... again we dont have vehicle inspections down here so it may be different by you.
This is true in Massachusetts as well and we have yearly inspections.