Honda Day 2009 - Raceway Park

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
August 15, Sat 7th Annual HONDA/ACURA DAY. Race & Show classes for all Hondas & Acuras. Honda & Acura Brands Only.
Autocross. Street Muffled Vehicles Only. Open 9AM.

So... I will be attending since I have family and friends down in NJ. It will be my first Honda day, and yes I am very aware that theft is a factor during this event. So with that being known, I will be entering the Auto-X competition (first time evaR) and not the car show portion. I excite. Anyone want to roll down with me?

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
il be there...hopefully lol

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm... thinking about this...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ Let me know, we can get a caravan from the area going. Medford isn't that far. :D

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gotta start planning early!

g2b18b

5+ Year Member
ill roll with u john it will too be my first honda day .. and i will also enter autox since ive ben wanting to do it for ever!!! woohhooo party!!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill roll with u john it will too be my first honda day .. and i will also enter autox since ive ben wanting to do it for ever!!! woohhooo party!!
You realize they Autox at Devens almost every Sunday all summer long right?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sunny we should go to the Devons, MA Auto-X first for some practice then go to Honda Day! LOL

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No you should go to AutoX school first so you don't look like a dumbass lol

http://www.ner.org/solo

Who cares. If its your first time out, your more than likely doing it for fun anyway. Learn as you go, but have fun doing it.

I'll be at Honda Day again. I had an awesometime last year even though the judges didn't even glance at my car in the show. I never went before so I jsut wanted to see what everyone else was doing, and see some drags. First time at the track, and it was fantastic. I saw my friend run his 06 Si too.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who cares. If its your first time out, your more than likely doing it for fun anyway. Learn as you go, but have fun doing it.
When you only get 2 runs all day because there's a bunch of noobs who don't know what they're doing and create all kinds of course cautions and delays then it's not fun anymore.

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you only get 2 runs all day because there's a bunch of noobs who don't know what they're doing and create all kinds of course cautions and delays then it's not fun anymore.
as an experienced auto crosser, you may want to consider helping out or showing obvious noobs some of the "ways". Even if its just 1 person it'll help out. I know most local SCCA events have a walk of the track, and even have a briefing to alll the drivers before the event starts. This definately cuts down on "dumb" noob mistakes.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am showing Noobs the way by telling them to go to the AutoX school where they'll gain professional driving instruction (one on one) and a ton of time behind the wheel in different exercises.

6 hours of autox school will teach a newbie more than an entire season of head pounding on courses alone.

It's also fun as hell.

PS> I'll be at the Loudon school this year if anybody wants to make a mini-meet of it. ClubCivic NorthEast meet and AutoX school.