Honda HAMP oil filter

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know where is a good place online to buy the JDM honda HAMP oil filter? the get them for $10, but i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get it cheaper.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats so good about a JDM oil filter?

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its better then most of the aftermarket oil filters and US honda filter. better quality, oil flows and filters better. the oil filter is made to handle the power of itr/ctr.

accordhybrid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just use the S2K filters? made by the same company in Japan and you can get them from Slhonda.com for 6.85 a piece

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thnk the s2k filters are bigger the the normal honda. it would drop the oil pressure for my motor.

Shiba-Kun

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you can find them pretty easily on eBay. Also if I remember correctly infline4.com sells them.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ebay is known to have everything, but the hamp oil filter is the one thing people rarely sell. people sell them only once in a blue moon, but if they did, they still sell them at retail price.

true

uhh.. yea.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can get you a case for $80.. comes out to like $6-8 a filter... pm me. Plus im local =)

true

uhh.. yea.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can sell you one now for $8 from my case for now if you need it asap.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
all honda oil filter are the same, including the one on the S2K, roughly between 6.00 and 7.00, the only filter that is different is the one for the insight, which is much smaller than the current filter , which is also somewhat small itself.

true

uhh.. yea.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uhh.. not sure if its jus in cali.. but honda came out with a new filter specifically for the s2000... its smaller.. you can call any bay area honda for it =)

there was actually a website that cut apart all the filters, and showed the insides... i stopped using the OEM honda ones because they were almost as bad as the Fram filters... the mobil 1's are a lil oversized and some guy i met before had his come loose while driving...

HAMP's are great... specially for the price... only like $1 more than the OEM honda one.. plus its green =)

true

uhh.. yea.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the case im sellin is exactly like this... $80 for 10.. =)

Introducing Japan Honda's aftermarket line of automotive products..."HAMP Synergy". HAMP Synergy are aftermarket products designed by Honda and are a step up from the "Honda Original Parts" products. Not meant to compete with racing produts, however, these peices are quality. The HAMP filter can be used on any Honda, but was specifically designed for use in the Type-R and S series cars in mind. Features include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the oil flow and pressure constant. The HAMP oil filter will last longer and filter better than any of the oil filters currently on the market.
The small hamp filters that we offer are originally made for the RSX/DC5-R and EP3(03 Civic Type-R). They will also fit all 88-00 Fuel injected Honda/Acuras. By the same token, the new small HAMP filters will give about 5psi more of oil pressure due to its smaller size. There is no loss of filtration or performance with the smaller filter.

not sure what that chart is sayin... but i do know hamp is higher on the chart :P

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if the part number from honda for the S2K is 15400-PLM-A02 thenit's the filter that fits every other honda, honda won't just release the filter to one state or one region, if they ar ethen they are screwing the dealership i sale parts for, and our region rep will be hearing from me.

the hamp filter is interesting, i've never seen them before or heard of them till know.

true

uhh.. yea.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have no idea what part number it is... but there definitely IS regular blue honda filters... for civics, accords, etc... and theres the small blue ones that they advertised as for s2ks only... =)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the blue filters american honda uses ARE made by fram.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
true said:
uhh.. not sure if its jus in cali.. but honda came out with a new filter specifically for the s2000... its smaller.. you can call any bay area honda for it =)

there was actually a website that cut apart all the filters, and showed the insides... i stopped using the OEM honda ones because they were almost as bad as the Fram filters... the mobil 1's are a lil oversized and some guy i met before had his come loose while driving...

HAMP's are great... specially for the price... only like $1 more than the OEM honda one.. plus its green =)
http://www.handa-accessories.com/civmaint00.html

This link says otherwise. They are replacing the blue one with a smaller version, I don't think it was specifically for the S2000.

And Mobil 1 M1-104 oil filters, are the correct size to use. By using the M1-105 (the oversized ones), which fits but, could cause potential leak.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anfrey said:
the blue filters american honda uses ARE made by fram.
they are not made by fram, when i go to work tomorrow i'll let you know who they are made by, but im positive it's not fram, because the fram filter are still lagre ass aftermarket filter whereas the honda one have changed size to alot smaller than before, and the S2K filter is the same one as all the other filter.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
true said:
i have no idea what part number it is... but there definitely IS regular blue honda filters... for civics, accords, etc... and theres the small blue ones that they advertised as for s2ks only... =)
get me a part number and prove it, but im still positive that the filter your thinking of is the same one used for all honda's not just the S2k's