Honda HAMP oil filter

accordhybrid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I get home I will take a pic of the 2 filters with the part numbers one will be on the new style FRAM filter that I speak of that I use on my civic and the other will be of the S2K filter that I use on my Hybrid Accord. I have read that some dealerships carry this honeywell made filter that you speak of but here in California we have 2 types of filters FRAM and S2K (made by toyo roki). I may not work at honda or have access to honda's database of part numbers but I have been to may different dealerships and they all have the new style FRAM filters and the S2K filters only. I have run into 1 Honda dealership in San Francisco that still had the older style filters.

So in your honda database please enter part number 15400-PLM-A02 that is the new style honda filter made because of the K series engine that is made by fram.

Old OEM universal filter = 15400-POH-305
Made by Filtech (For all Hondas)

New OEM universal filter = 15400-PLM-A01
Made by Fram (Replaces 15400-POH-305. Except not for use on the S2000)

New OEM "S2000 only" filter = 15400-PCX-004
Made by Toyo Roki (Same size as old)

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150531&highlight=s2000+honda+oil+filter

I think I see what the problem may be is that you guys are getting part number 15400-PLM-A01 and in California we are getting 15400-PLM-A02

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im in cali also, the two honda dealers near by me both have the new filters and they are made by honeywell.

also, i think that any of the door from a 96-00 2 door coupe civic could fit into a hatch.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
accordhybrid said:
When I get home I will take a pic of the 2 filters with the part numbers one will be on the new style FRAM filter that I speak of that I use on my civic and the other will be of the S2K filter that I use on my Hybrid Accord. I have read that some dealerships carry this honeywell made filter that you speak of but here in California we have 2 types of filters FRAM and S2K (made by toyo roki). I may not work at honda or have access to honda's database of part numbers but I have been to may different dealerships and they all have the new style FRAM filters and the S2K filters only. I have run into 1 Honda dealership in San Francisco that still had the older style filters.

So in your honda database please enter part number 15400-PLM-A02 that is the new style honda filter made because of the K series engine that is made by fram.

Old OEM universal filter = 15400-POH-305
Made by Filtech (For all Hondas)

New OEM universal filter = 15400-PLM-A01
Made by Fram (Replaces 15400-POH-305. Except not for use on the S2000)

New OEM "S2000 only" filter = 15400-PCX-004
Made by Toyo Roki (Same size as old)

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150531&highlight=s2000+honda+oil+filter

I think I see what the problem may be is that you guys are getting part number 15400-PLM-A01 and in California we are getting 15400-PLM-A02
honda nolonger makes 15400-P0H-305, it was repalced by 15400-PLM-A01, which in turn was replaced by 15400-PLM-A02 which is the same filter honda uses for the rest of their vehicles except for in the insight.

Last edited:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo honyewell does not produce two lines said:
Fram is Honeywell. Just like Chevrolet is General Motors. Honeywell is the executive management company for the former Allied Signal (Fram, Bendix, Autolite) I am not saying for positive that they are not producing two separate filters. I am saying that doing so is an EXTREMELY foolish business practice. The bean counters would never stand for it for a second. They would plug that red ink hole quickly.

accordhybrid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
honda nolonger makes 15400-P0H-305, it was repalced by 15400-PLM-A01, which in turn was replaced by 15400-PLM-A01 which is the same filter honda uses for the rest of their vehicles except for in the insight.
You said that the 15400-PLM-A01 was replaced by the 15400-PLM-A01? confused

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
accordhybrid said:
You said that the 15400-PLM-A01 was replaced by the 15400-PLM-A01? confused
sorry i meant it was repalced by 15400-PLM-A02, even i make mistakes.

accordhybrid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats what I figured but just wanted to make sure

How about you do this if you have time and the resourses (which I'm sure you do) can you can put together a list of all the honda oil filter part numbers?

PS I will still get pics of the 15400-PLM-A02 with made by FRAM written on it

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
accordhybrid said:
Thats what I figured but just wanted to make sure

How about you do this if you have time and the resourses (which I'm sure you do) can you can put together a list of all the honda oil filter part numbers?

PS I will still get pics of the 15400-PLM-A02 with made by FRAM written on it
i wouldn't be able to get the part numbers till i go back to work on monday, and besides without searching through all of the parts catalogs for the different models and years really won't matter cause honda only uses the 15400-PLM-A02 filter from about 88-2004 except the 00-04 insight which uses a much smaller filter.

accordhybrid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
i wouldn't be able to get the part numbers till i go back to work on monday, and besides without searching through all of the parts catalogs for the different models and years really won't matter cause honda only uses the 15400-PLM-A02 filter from about 88-2004 except the 00-04 insight which uses a much smaller filter.
And of course the S2K filter is larger than both of those?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
accordhybrid said:
dude, just stop, hes goin to prove you wrong, there is no point in arguing, ive tried it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
slambed_civic said:
dude, just stop, hes goin to prove you wrong, there is no point in arguing, ive tried it.

werd what he said, and i'll do it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
accordhybrid said:
honda does list a different filter, but it's only used as a special order item, they use the 15400-PLM-A02 fillter for the S2K also, not sure why honda did it that way, but it makes it easier for dealers to stock one filter that fits everything, then 5 filters that fits different vehicles,IMO.