Horrible Day Yesterday. Help Needed!

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
Okay well i purchased skunk2 lowering springs (just the springs) i put them on at a shop yesterday. The mechanic told me the front ones fit okay, but the back ones were loose and did not fit that well. But he put them on anyways to see if it might sit right with the weight of the car. It was skunk2 springs on stock oem shocks everything stock. So i got home and checked the drop, and was very dissppointed...in the front the is a gap of about an inch front the wheel and the fender, and in the back there is no gap, oh and my car doesnt have an alignment either.
Can anyone tell me what the problem may be?
The mechanic said that getting smaller shocks will tighten the springs alot better and will fix the problem, because the stock ones are too long for them which is making them loose.
What do i need to fix this situation here?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
did he put them in backwards? lol

i never heard of this loose problem.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
No i am positive that he put them on correct.
Well let me make sure, he put the fat (thicker springs) in the back and the thinner ones in the front.
i believe thats how they go.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think it's other way around based on common sense, thicker on the front cause the car is nose heavy and thinner on the rear because its lighter...but i really just forgot.

oh and you wouldn't have that problem with a 7thgen/rsx and up haha. :lol:

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
hmmm...idk man but if he did, than i gotta go back,does anyone no FOR SURE IF THE THICK FAT SPRINGS GO IN THE FRONT? AND THE THINNER SPRINGS ONES GO IN THE BACK?

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the fatter springs definetly go up front. and the thinner springs go in the back.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think it's other way around based on common sense, thicker on the front cause the car is nose heavy and thinner on the rear because its lighter...but i really just forgot.

oh and you wouldn't have that problem with a 7thgen/rsx and up haha. :lol:
Correct. it is infact common sense.. your engine weighs more than your trunk... i have skunk 2 springs and i installed them a little over a year ago and im pretty sure i put the thicker ones in the front... i really suggest you talk to the mechanic about it, call him..now lol

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when you take the stock springs off you can see that the fatter ones are in the front

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
really???!??!?!?! are you guys 100 % sure? cuz i am most definitely 100% sure that he put the fatter ones in the back, this mechanic is my dads best friend so hes cool with me and stuff, so he wont have a problem changing them if thats the case. but you guys 100 % sure? lol im searching the web but cant find shyt

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sucks for the OP, but atleast you're not doing yourself, or that would REALLY SUCK.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
yea it is common sense man, and i will definitely tell him, thank you so much guys i knew i can depend on ya =)

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
One question: Not too sure but my dad just told me that when the mechanic took the stock springs off, the thicker ones were in the back and the skinny ones in the front. That is why im a little in doubt :( scrowley you sure you put the thicker ones in the front? when you instaledd yours?

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DUDE PUT THE DAMN FAT ONES IN THE FRONTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

now u have to pay each of us 100 dollars for our services
i accept paypall, cash...and car parts =)

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
lmao i just want to be sure 100% before i tell him to do it, then i gotta pay him again for nothing if its wrong ya know.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude you have half a million people telling you that the thicker ones go in front, and one who says he's not positive but pretty sure. That's a given. The thicker springs go in front and the thinner ones go in back. If I were you, I think it'd be smart to take our advice. Oh, and you're welcome.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
okay thats all i needed =) thanks alot everyone, i was sooooo pissed yesterday :( but you guys just made mmy day. thanks everyone. very helpful