How big is my gas tank?

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since I moved to a big city I have been getting less gas mileage ... Around 29 mpg

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do not even get me started on the cost of fuel, here in the UK the AVERAGE cost of regular unleaded in £1.10 per litre, it costs me like £40 to fill up - which is equivalent to $80usd. if i lived in the states now after livin here, 28mpg would not bother me at all...but yeah, that aint great

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have to fill up twice a week with premium. right now 93 octane is about $3.60 so im spending about $70 a week on gas, aka petrol :thumbup:

my dad's F150 he uses for work costs about $90 a tank and he fills it up 2-3 times a week :shock:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do not even get me started on the cost of fuel, here in the UK the AVERAGE cost of regular unleaded in £1.10 per litre, it costs me like £40 to fill up - which is equivalent to $80usd. if i lived in the states now after livin here, 28mpg would not bother me at all...but yeah, that aint great
Well, the good thing is I do believe that many peopel in the UK do not have to drive as much as many people in the US. Most places in the US don't have the public transit set up like much of Europe has.

Still_sl00

Rep'in South Florida
5+ Year Member
i got 29 mpg all city driving and kinda driving hard (new car) im at 320 miles and still have a couple gallons left in the tank now. bolt on b16a2.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
add some fuel injector cleaner, and check your spark plugs, and you should get better mileage. Clean your air filter, or replace it if need be also, and your gas mileage should get better.

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
Did you run totally out of gas?

The size of your gas tank has nothing to do with your gas mileage. It's how much gas you happened to put in it that time.

:thumbup:

Price of gas in Canada:
$1.25 CAD ($1.24 USD) for 1 liter of gasoline = $4.73 CAD ($4.71 USD) for 1 gallon of gasoline

The other day I purchased gas for $3.48 USD a gallon. That'd be $3.50 CAD a gallon or $0.92 CAD per liter.

Price of gas in the US:
$0.92 USD ($0.92 CAD) for 1 liter of gasoline = $3.48 USD ($3.50 CAD) for 1 gallon of gasoline

I think I did all those conversions right.

I think you're pretty much bang on.

Except you might have converted it into US litre.. I dunno.

But everything is so expensive in canada because of taxes, a 12 pack of MDG beer here is over 30 bucks. I think it's around 8 bucks in the states! even though ours has more alcohol ;)

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much gas do you have left when the light comes on? mine has to be almost right on the very bottom of the orange for it to come on, and by then you would think your sol(only happened once I dont run her empty)

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i get alot of gallons i guess cuz i be driving hard and soft and i still have gas left at the end of the week i get like 11+ gallons in my car

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WTF $30 for beer?!?! :shock:
lol i like how that got the biggest reaction in the whole thread.

but damn, $30 for a 12-pack? you can get a 30 and an 12 and maybe a few tall cans for that much here lol :tehdrunksaur:

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My gas mileage breaks down like this, (D16y7 with intake, exhaust, and about 127,000 miles).
Hard driving= about 25 mpg
normal driving= about 27 mpg
careful driving= about 30 mpg
How I drive depends on how much I'm willing to spend on gas=)

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think you're pretty much bang on.

Except you might have converted it into US litre.. I dunno.

But everything is so expensive in canada because of taxes, a 12 pack of MDG beer here is over 30 bucks. I think it's around 8 bucks in the states! even though ours has more alcohol ;)
not any more, our law is about to pass to allow 8.5% alcohol in beers instead of 6%.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ressurecting the thread!!

I filled up with 10.6 gallons last friday and I got 320 miles to it. I bet I could have gone a tiny bit further but when I turned on my car, it took like 10 seconds to turn on since it had no gas. I didnt want to risk it so I put gas.
So if my calculations are correct, I got 30.18MPG. =) And thats with highway and stop and go driving and hitting my fake VTEC every once in a while.

Hows my MPG now?
Oh, and if I clean the fuel injectors (the right way) and get a new fuel filter, will the MPG's go up?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how is cleaning the injectors the right way? shooting carb cleaner through them?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
10.222 gallons. 355.7 miles. 34.79 mpg.

1998 EX coupe with poopy transmission (manual at least).