1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How did they steal my car?

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by TheNorwegian, Aug 11, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. TheNorwegian

TheNorwegian New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Hi!
    Someone stole my 98' Civic Coupe a couple of weeks ago (in Norway - Europe) .
    And the insurance company is claming that I've done it myself, since the car is almost impossible to steal... Is it so difficult to steal a Civic? I find that hard to belive...

2. NOFX

NOFX I'm NOT eran! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Impossible to steal? :rolf: Tell them to go check stats on most stolen vehicles.

3. TheNorwegian

It's not to many Coupe's in Norway, so I don't think that car is on their TopTen list... But I've never heard anyone claiming that a Civic is hard to steal before.. :roll:

4. BlackHopeDC5

BlackHopeDC5 Is Black Again??? :shock: Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

its not...its very easy to steal your civic...fight the insurance company and get your money

5. MugenShox

MugenShox Banned

hell yeah... you better get your money or you car back

6. oc_civic

oc_civic .................... Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

lmfao.. they are full of s**t.. you can easily steal ANY car.. alarm.. no alarm.. theres no such thing as a hard to steal car...

dont they have flat beds in europe... lol

7. itsmycookie

itsmycookie #1 asshole Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

slim jim the door or take little wedges and stick em in the top of the door and take like a metal rod and unlock the door. pick the lock?
    once in the car they can either take a hammer to the bottom of the steering column and get to the wires that way or go through the key hole.

i;ve never stolen a civic so i really don;t know exactly how you;d do it.

8. TheNorwegian

Hehe.. Yeah we do, but the investigator from the insurance company claims that the car could not have been towed away, since he didn't find any skidmarks around where the car was parked...

9. lonewolf

lonewolf New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I'm not going to say how here, but you can get into a locked civic in 2 seconds easy. Not breaking glass, or making noise. No visible marks on the outside either. If anything I would have said that the civic is one of the EASYEST to steal.

Done it yourself? :roll: These insurance companies are only looking to screw everyone and anyone except the theifs (who get away with it)

You pay big £££ (or $$$ or whatever) each year to that company and what do they do for you??? and where are they when you need them??? IMO fight them, take em to court then when all is settled change to a different company, and name and shame them!

Just because we drive modified cars, everyone is out to get us.. theifing pr****, insurance, govm't and the law.

10. NOFX

NOFX I'm NOT eran! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Bwahaha, this must be the same investigator that "investigated" my accident. I was driving a '97 Civic, he claimed I got it up to 90mph in a very short amount of space, slowed to 30 in time to hit the pole ("which is lucky because people start dying at 31mph"). Oh, and my rear brakes locked up. Not my front brakes though.

11. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba SubGenius Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Your insurance company = teh suck.

12. hkt03

hkt03 shootin' sparks on i290.. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

lol.. dont you love insurance companies? first mine tried to screw me over with the amount they were going to give me for it being stolen and then they try to screw me over when it was recovered by low balling the s**t out of the repairs. now they're telling me to scratches on the side of the car were there before it was stolen. i'm heading over there tonight to show them dated pics of my car from that angle all washed and waxed. you see scratches? no dickfuck, give me the money to fix that too..

i found out a few days ago from a co-worker that its pretty easy to steal hondas in general. i've always known how to do it one way, but getting it alarm or no alarm in less than 30seconds is too damn easy if you ask me..

13. itsmycookie

itsmycookie #1 asshole Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

like this?

all you need is a 8" or longer flat head screw driver.. well when your at the outside of your car, theres the pice of trim that runs along the bottom of the window.. what you gotta do is pry that up, then theres a white plastic peice that you have to push on pretty hard, then the door pops right open, but stays locked..

14. JDMsta

JDMsta CC's Assologist Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Sounds like you got some ghetto ass insurance guy!! Take em to court!!

15. green ej8

green ej8 diamond member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

all i gotta say is fucking s**t

16. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba SubGenius Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

your insurance company = [​IMG]

17. ekracer_83

ekracer_83 hardcore rice Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

man....civic is the number one for stealing car.

18. c_diddy

c_diddy drove through a tree Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

any car can easily be stolen, unless its batman's car :shock: .

19. turboex17

turboex17 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Nope... remember when the penguin fucked with it.

20. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya powered by boost Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

lol the only way anyone can steal my car is to tow it... and theres no tow hooks so theyll have to hook it up to the rad support... which I only bolted in which will snap...

DIY immobilizer pwns. They can even pull my ecu out and try to use their own.. still wont work. *muahahaha* And no, im not talkin about a fuel cut.