How did they steal my car?

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi!
Someone stole my 98' Civic Coupe a couple of weeks ago (in Norway - Europe) .
And the insurance company is claming that I've done it myself, since the car is almost impossible to steal... Is it so difficult to steal a Civic? I find that hard to belive...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Impossible to steal? :rolf: Tell them to go check stats on most stolen vehicles.

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not to many Coupe's in Norway, so I don't think that car is on their TopTen list... But I've never heard anyone claiming that a Civic is hard to steal before.. :roll:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not...its very easy to steal your civic...fight the insurance company and get your money

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lmfao.. they are full of s**t.. you can easily steal ANY car.. alarm.. no alarm.. theres no such thing as a hard to steal car...

dont they have flat beds in europe... lol

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slim jim the door or take little wedges and stick em in the top of the door and take like a metal rod and unlock the door. pick the lock?
once in the car they can either take a hammer to the bottom of the steering column and get to the wires that way or go through the key hole.

i;ve never stolen a civic so i really don;t know exactly how you;d do it.

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
lmfao.. they are full of s**t.. you can easily steal ANY car.. alarm.. no alarm.. theres no such thing as a hard to steal car...

dont they have flat beds in europe... lol

Hehe.. Yeah we do, but the investigator from the insurance company claims that the car could not have been towed away, since he didn't find any skidmarks around where the car was parked...

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not going to say how here, but you can get into a locked civic in 2 seconds easy. Not breaking glass, or making noise. No visible marks on the outside either. If anything I would have said that the civic is one of the EASYEST to steal.

Done it yourself? :roll: These insurance companies are only looking to screw everyone and anyone except the theifs (who get away with it)

You pay big £££ (or $$$ or whatever) each year to that company and what do they do for you??? and where are they when you need them??? IMO fight them, take em to court then when all is settled change to a different company, and name and shame them!

Just because we drive modified cars, everyone is out to get us.. theifing pr****, insurance, govm't and the law.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bwahaha, this must be the same investigator that "investigated" my accident. I was driving a '97 Civic, he claimed I got it up to 90mph in a very short amount of space, slowed to 30 in time to hit the pole ("which is lucky because people start dying at 31mph"). Oh, and my rear brakes locked up. Not my front brakes though.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol.. dont you love insurance companies? first mine tried to screw me over with the amount they were going to give me for it being stolen and then they try to screw me over when it was recovered by low balling the s**t out of the repairs. now they're telling me to scratches on the side of the car were there before it was stolen. i'm heading over there tonight to show them dated pics of my car from that angle all washed and waxed. you see scratches? no dickfuck, give me the money to fix that too..

i found out a few days ago from a co-worker that its pretty easy to steal hondas in general. i've always known how to do it one way, but getting it alarm or no alarm in less than 30seconds is too damn easy if you ask me..

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lonewolf said:
I'm not going to say how here, but you can get into a locked civic in 2 seconds easy. Not breaking glass, or making noise. No visible marks on the outside either. If anything I would have said that the civic is one of the EASYEST to steal.
like this?

all you need is a 8" or longer flat head screw driver.. well when your at the outside of your car, theres the pice of trim that runs along the bottom of the window.. what you gotta do is pry that up, then theres a white plastic peice that you have to push on pretty hard, then the door pops right open, but stays locked..

JDMsta

CC's Assologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like you got some ghetto ass insurance guy!! Take em to court!!

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any car can easily be stolen, unless its batman's car :shock: .

Inigo Montoya