How do you deal with the ridicule of being a ricer

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics or you're bullshitting us all Hooked :P

I get a lot of the ricer calls when people see the hood scoop on the rx-7, only until I show them the engine bay and they're like :shock: to see the top mount, then I proceed to tell them that this is boosted to 1 bar :lol:

At other times, I'd give them a head start at the light then I'd let all hell loose to 12 000 rpm by second gear and already passed them lol
I'm not BSn, i'll have to dig for em, pix are old as dirt, dunno where i could post NSFW pix anyways...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can host NSFW pics ANYWHERE....

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really? thought it was against most sites TOS agreement

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
s**t, so you know me, I turn up my volume a little higher just to catch her attention as I turn to look at her I hear a little cum guzzler scream out "hood scoops are for RICERS!"
Too bad his Cobra has a "hoodscoop"

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, i wanted to say something about it, but I was distracted by the female ;)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wait. were you were distracted by a female? holy f**king quadrupple post batman!

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
I get this kind of s**t all the time. I think I ricer is someone who puts a giant spoiler and stickers on there car. Modifying a civic doesn't mean your a ricer. My civic went from 155whp last year to 406whp im march this year. Everyone where I live was still calling me a ricer. Next time I went to the track I bet one of the infamous mustamg drivers I could beat him. I did an 11.979 and he did a pathetic 13.461 in a supercharged svt cobra. The bet was $100 and constant embarrassment. The abuse began on him shortly after since I posted it on my local forum, myspace, and facebook.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
406whp in a dd is a s**t ton of power. my little 285whp seems a little overkill sometimes :lol:, like when i walk all over an sti :shock: [directed at toneekay lol]

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a stock DX, and everyone in my small town drives a large diesel truck, a large non-diesel truck, a V8 sportscar, or a minivan.

I get s**t every day for driving a Honda. Out of the ~360 students at my school who drive, I am literally the only one to drive a Honda.

My friends give me the most s**t for it though. One drives a 4th gen V6 mustang with a CAI and dual exhaust, he says it's "muscle," but I beat him in a 3-block street drag in between our 2 lights in town, so he is shut up for now. My friends that don't even drive tel me its a POS... I just don't let it bother me. I get 32 mpg. Beat that, b***h.

But every now and then, some people will say it's nice or cool looking. Like today at the car wash a kid came up to me (he was probably 6-10 y/o) and pulled on my shirt, I asked him if he needed anything and he said, "Mister you have a cool car, does it go fast?" I thought that was kindof cool, even though he looked disappointed when I said it was slow.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude honesty who gives a f**k. Who are you building your car for you or everyone else. If your so worried about what everyone else thinks why dont you buy a mustang. f**k them, and stop being a pussy and letting what everyone else thinks influence you.

I live in Maine, unlike texas we actually have a need for 4x4 trucks other then farming. I drive a lowered civic in Maine, our roads up here suck d**k. At the end of the day, is your car parked in their garage or yours?

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude honesty who gives a f**k. Who are you building your car for you or everyone else. If your so worried about what everyone else thinks why dont you buy a mustang. f**k them, and stop being a pussy and letting what everyone else thinks influence you.
My friends give me the most s**t for it though. One drives a 4th gen V6 mustang with a CAI and dual exhaust, he says it's "muscle," but I beat him in a 3-block street drag in between our 2 lights in town, so he is shut up for now. My friends that don't even drive tel me its a POS... I just don't let it bother me. I get 32 mpg. Beat that, b***h.
Where did I say I was worried about what other people think?

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get s**t every day for driving a Honda. Out of the ~360 students at my school who drive, I am literally the only one to drive a Honda.

Why the f**k would you make a thread asking other people how they deal with it if it didnt bother you?