Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It doesn't matter if I win from an inch or a mile, winnings winning! :what:

A matter of fact, I actually lost to like a 5th gen civic ex, OMG the mother f**ker blew my doors off!
:lol: it probably had a 1500lb weight advantage! you should have just used your AWD to run it over :oh:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It doesn't matter if I win from an inch or a mile, winnings winning! :what:

A matter of fact, I actually lost to like a 5th gen civic ex, OMG the mother f**ker blew my doors off!
or the welds off your Intake Mani :shock:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's definitely the welds on the intake manifold!

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol that movie was on tv earlier too

:popcorn:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://jalopnik.com/5094437/the-fast-and-the-furious-validated-you-can-blow-the-welds-on-your-intake-manifold

So me and my buddy were tuning his gsx yesterday. He had just got a custom intake manifold made. We were on 29psi and full throttle, when he let off the gas we heard a pop(resembling a gunshot). He tapped the trottle and it sounded like it was a massive exhaust leak. the A/F gauge and boost gauge wasnt reading. We pulled over to find out that the intake manifold had blew up, literally. The whole bottom plate of it was blown completely off. the only thing holding it up was the break booster line.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn. maybe i should go inspect the welds on my manifold, they could go at any minute!

i wonder where you can buy the sensor that knows when your manifold is going to blow :what:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can make you a sensor to tell you that your manifold is about to blow; just let me know...

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
I have a 98 hatchback, and my friends always make fun of me for putting a spoon spoiler on and getting a carbon fiber hood. They think that anynone that mods his civic is a ricer, and I don't know what to say to make them stop. Any Suggestions?
Post Pics. I can't believe this thread went so long w/o pics.

You probably are a ricer?! it's not only your car; it's your attitude & the way you drive.

( They think that anynone that mods his civic is a ricer, and I don't know what to say to make them stop. )
- You answered your own question. They think that anyone that mods a civic is a ricer. Your friends don't know the definition of rice/ricer lol

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rice(r) has so many definitions i dont even know what it means anymore :???:. maybe it means using your car to pick up chinese food now

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can make you a sensor to tell you that your manifold is about to blow; just let me know...
Pfft.... I can make one that will tell you when anything will blow... including your load :shock: :lol:

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pfft.... I can make one that will tell you when anything will blow... including your load :shock: :lol:
As soon as I read this, I just had to revive this thread from the dead. There's no way I was letting it end on that note.

i wonder where you can buy the sensor that knows when your manifold is going to blow :what:
eBay. They got some good s**t on there.

EDIT: Damn, I was right. When this thing passes that tiny little red line at 40... boom.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Manifold-Pressure-gauge_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem33590e3b61QQitemZ220537437025QQptZMotorsQ5fAviationQ5fPartsQ5fGear