How do you deal with the ridicule of being a ricer

brunsonalec

5+ Year Member
I have a 98 hatchback, and my friends always make fun of me for putting a spoon spoiler on and getting a carbon fiber hood. They think that anynone that mods his civic is a ricer, and I don't know what to say to make them stop. Any Suggestions?

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do they drive? i get s**t all the time like that from people in mustangs and s**t, but screw them man. they have little penis syndrome for driving ford v8's. they cant handle the fact the some honda on the street will walk them easily.lol

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get turbo and smoke em. then at the next light remind them you only have 4 cylinders unlike there 8

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Post pics of your car. Maybe your car does look riced out and you don't even know it. Many people trying to hard can make their car look ricey even though it's not intended to be. When I drove through Carmel a few years back it seemed very snobbish. Maybe you need new friends or a new car.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ignore them, they aren't worth it. You mod how you like your car, it makes you happy, and that's all that matters.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i know what the OP means...it sucks but oh well i just dont let it get to me too much...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have a 98 hatchback, and my friends always make fun of me for putting a spoon spoiler on and getting a carbon fiber hood. They think that anynone that mods his civic is a ricer, and I don't know what to say to make them stop. Any Suggestions?

make them eat their parents

or self mutilation

either way

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what do they drive? i get s**t all the time like that from people in mustangs and s**t, but screw them man. they have little penis syndrome for driving ford v8's. they cant handle the fact the some honda on the street will walk them easily.lol
Typical ricer that thinks his car is the best car on the road.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get new friends.

My friends don't call me a ricer. My boss teases me on occasion for driving a Honda, but I just tease him right back about his love for POS Chevy trucks. Nothing makes that man happier than a 70s Chevy with different colored panels. Well, besides maybe his dream of winning the lottery, getting a monster truck and running over my Civic (he says he'd get me a new one, but I don't want a new one).

Really though, tease them about their taste in cars and let it be a lighthearted thing or get new friends if they're actually being assholes to you about it.

It's not rocket science. Friends, at least to some degree, care about your feelings.