How often do you get laughed at cause you drive a Civic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont see why people would laugh for the reason one would drive a civic. Maybe if it was all done up, but it would make no sense if it was bone stock.
Yeah, if you get laughed at in a stock civic then the person who laughed at you has some issues. Forgive us for driving economical cars that are relativley inexpensive and fun to drive. But yeah, if I see a bright yellow civic with a bi-plane wing and primered blitz front bumpers I might chuckle to myself :lol:

biggiejerseys

5+ Year Member
I drive a Hyundai so ppl like to laugh @ me or give me the stare.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I laughed at them when people try to race me on the streets..............

dc5_lov3r

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i always get people wanting to race me. revving their ebay mufflers and throwing on their hazards when they pass me. wtf

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Uhh I never get laughed at. Only jokingly but not seriously. There are quite a few other Honda lovers around town and almost every tuner knows every tuner. So it's all jokes when it comes to laughing at each others cars unless you're at a big meet and meet random people that don't know your ride.

The only people that seriously get laughed at (other than what I mentioned above) are the ricers with the 1 foot wings, eBay mufflers, etc. that spend all the money they have adding everything they can to their car and not knowing how to "properly" (as we would put it here on CC) mod their car.

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
I just get crap all the time cuz most of my friends are LS1 drivers...they don't hate on my civic they just tease.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i drive a girl car so im surprised i dont get laughed at all, but good times anyways, friends and people i know make jokes and stuff but thats about it

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive had the point and laugh. And either 2 things happen.

1. i blow them out of the water

2. I know they have more power and i laugh at them when they launch at a light and i just sit there.

Of course i did have an old guy in an Olds Alero rev at me once. I laughed at that.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they can laugh all they want, my car is paid off and gets 33mph and i get pussy even if i drive a f**ken daewoo

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i honestly dont think ive ever got laughed at for owning a civic... i raced some mustang a couple weeks ago on the way back from wildwood.. it was nothing overly amazing.. probably stock with flowmasters.. anyway i beat it.. and then they fly by yelling something out the window.. they get cut off and i pass them again this time because im just pissed off at this point.. then luckily we hit a redlight.. i get out and approach the passenger who had something to say.. i saw to him "what was it you said to me when you drove by" his response is "nothing buddy i was just messing with you.. my friend has a red civic like that around here.. maybe you have seen it.. i wasnt saying anything bad.. just messing around... i sigh and walk away.. so no i dont get laughed at that im aware of... but that was the closest thing to that..

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont get laughed at, i get complaints more than anything. they just say nice civic thats bout it

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like to go to those old muscle car meeting things they have every weekend.. and the one I parked my car pretty close to the other cars and some old guy came up to me and was asking me about my car and told me how much he liked it. He was an old man I was shocked that he even respected the car.
Because he understands that you're in the same boat as him, different cars, but you both love your cars and to make them better.

Wow, that's pretty cool considering most muscle car guys hate on anything with 4 cylinders...I guess not all of them are the same
No, they don't.
Anyone understanding that the civic is this youths "muscle car" will respect it.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i honestly dont think ive ever got laughed at for owning a civic... i raced some mustang a couple weeks ago on the way back from wildwood.. it was nothing overly amazing.. probably stock with flowmasters.. anyway i beat it.. and then they fly by yelling something out the window.. they get cut off and i pass them again this time because im just pissed off at this point.. then luckily we hit a redlight.. i get out and approach the passenger who had something to say.. i saw to him "what was it you said to me when you drove by" his response is "nothing buddy i was just messing with you.. my friend has a red civic like that around here.. maybe you have seen it.. i wasnt saying anything bad.. just messing around... i sigh and walk away.. so no i dont get laughed at that im aware of... but that was the closest thing to that..
That was completely and utterly stupid.. How did you know they didn't have a gun or something?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People that laughed at my EH9 were usually other Civic drivers that thought "4-doors were gay"

Awwww....how did it feel when that big gay 4-door put a 1/2 car length on your "manly" EJ8? :Devil:

People that laugh at me when I'm driving the PT are usually those that have no business doing so.

I had some wannabe in a Scion Xb talking s**t at a light on SH360.....never mind the fact that I have like a 130hp advantage.... AND he had an automatic! Hard to hide the slushbox with that fart can. I was literally able to pull a car length on him, lift off, let him catch up, laugh at him and pull away again.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People that laughed at my EH9 were usually other Civic drivers that thought "4-doors were gay"

Awwww....how did it feel when that big gay 4-door put a 1/2 car length on your "manly" EJ8? :Devil:

People that laugh at me when I'm driving the PT are usually those that have no business doing so.

I had some wannabe in a Scion Xb talking s**t at a light on SH360.....never mind the fact that I have like a 130hp advantage.... AND he had an automatic! Hard to hide the slushbox with that fart can. I was literally able to pull a car length on him, lift off, let him catch up, laugh at him and pull away again.
Turbo PT?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

i get those boxes that try to race me all the time. ever since i got into a wreck and been driving without my front bumper, everyone thinks im boosted kuz they think my polished aluminum radiator is a fmic.. lmaos im the one thats laughing at other people ;P

Hondaz4LYF

5+ Year Member
never laughed at? i thought you were sharing that you were one? pretty confusing statement here...
If you read my first post in the thread, I mentioned that I don't really get that much crap from other people but sometimes it happens. Kinda confusing I guess :???::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.