How put header on H22a?

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok how the hell does one put an rmf style 4-1 drag header into a 6th gen, h22a w/o pulling the engine????
reallly getting frustrating...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just like you would when putting on a stock header..... :what:

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I fail to see what you're having such an issue with?

RMF "drag" header?? Specify.

Long tube (top tubes out of the head are long), or are you talking side exit header?

Is the header a H2B RMF drag?

We need more info, not just a "WTF!" post.

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I fail to see what you're having such an issue with?

RMF "drag" header?? Specify.

Long tube (top tubes out of the head are long), or are you talking side exit header?

Is the header a H2B RMF drag?

We need more info, not just a "WTF!" post.
wont fit through the top or bottom

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have to yank out the motor, or if not just cut it in half and weld it back on later....hahaha

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how does it not fit?

angle it so the collector points straight at the ground, slide it down around under the pan, and bolt it up.

You may have to pull the radiator. But pulling the motor is absurd.

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how does it not fit?

angle it so the collector points straight at the ground, slide it down around under the pan, and bolt it up.

You may have to pull the radiator. But pulling the motor is absurd.
at that angle the flange that bolts to the head is wider then the room between my head and front of my chasis..
ill try pulling the radiator

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im thinkin atleast pullin the fans and radiator out, if that doesnt work then you might have to detatch a few mounts (side mounts/subframe) and lower the engine down a little then slip the header out, at that point if you STILL cant get it id say remove the trans maybe before the whole motor.

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try taking out the exhaust studs and putting them back in with the header? it's a risky operation boss.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im thinkin atleast pullin the fans and radiator out, if that doesnt work then you might have to detatch a few mounts (side mounts/subframe) and lower the engine down a little then slip the header out, at that point if you STILL cant get it id say remove the trans maybe before the whole motor.
On H swap civics, its easier to just pull the motor than f**k with pulling the trans lol.

OP: I dunno, its hard to explain over the net, would be easy to solve if it was an in person type deal lol