How to bypass clutch switch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwilla1985

Just a quick question...
How do i bypass the clutch switch? I keep finding halfway answers but nothing to clear.
Most just say to use a jumper .
But what i want to make sure of is what im wiring the jumper to...
am i cutting the wires running to the switch and just splicing them??
OR
???????????

L.D.Forget

if you want to make it appear like the clutch is perm pressed down, cut the 2 wires and jump them.

dwilla1985

sorry i knw im sounding like an idiot .. but when you say jump them , do you mean like wire them to a different ground and power supply
or something else.
sorry just dont wanna mess up and have a civic BBQ ya know.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
I think he means to connect them together.

L.D.Forget

yes...connect them together. When you press down on the clutch petal it activates a momentary switch which bridges the 2 wires. If you just connect those 2 wires perm then it will, according to the car, always be pressed down. Note that the clutch itself wont actually be pressed unless your pressing the clutch petal.

dwilla1985

ok i did it and i still am dead in the water.
Did some hunting around the fuse box and all the wires....
looks like the switch that is on the lower part of the clutch pedal is missing and a bolt is in its place.
The harness is still intact though. .... Also on the underside of the steering column it has a receptical for a small chip or key whatever that says prolock on it.
Kinda lost, the car has juice but wont start.
the starter wont make any noise at all when i try to turn the key , i can hear a faint hum ... im sure that it is the fuel pump.
crossed the solinoid and it will spin but wont engage the engine.
So i thought the starter must be bad, took it off and hooked it up to another battery and it spun and kicked out... seemed kinda slow but still done it.

Any ideas? Not looking to keep the engine that is in this car, but just want to make sure what kinda shape the engine is in before i do somethin with it and want to check all the wiring before getting into the next stage.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Prolock is an Anti-theft Security System for you car. That receptical you are talking about is where the starter chip goes. How long have you had the car?

L.D.Forget

put the key in the on position and jump the starter with a screw driver, if it starts, its not your starter but probably the security system.

dwilla1985

i just got the car about a week ago.
If it is the security system how do i eliminate it back to stock?

dwilla1985

is there any wires that would have to be repaired or adjusted , that may have been changed for this kind of set up?
Do you think that may be what is causing my no start issue?

L.D.Forget

yes, it is likely that its causing your no start issues. 99% of alarm systems have a starter disable. Just unplug it and it should work. If its still not working, you have to locate where the starter disable is and remove that as well.

dwilla1985

Is the disable that you are refering to , the small modual that the chip plugs into? (the one that is mounted on the underside of my steering column) or is there something else entirely different that I am looking for?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is the disable that you are refering to , the small modual that the chip plugs into? (the one that is mounted on the underside of my steering column) or is there something else entirely different that I am looking for?
hard to say without looking at it. everyone hides thier security in different places. take some pics and post them up. that will help greatly.

also just for those of you who are looking to just bypass the clutch switch. note that by doing it the way mentioned above will also make your cruse control not work as the car will think the clutch is pressed.

dwilla1985

ok, i will take some tonight when i get home.... Is there anything that you would need to see specifically?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just take pics of everything that doesnt look factory

babybird

is a del sol sift linkage the sme as a 4 door civic shift linkage if not what is the differance

Status
Not open for further replies.