How to bypass clutch switch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwilla1985

ok, I got it... the hatch lives.
Well sort of, I got it cranking at least now i gotta do some lookin to see if i can get it to start.
It was the security thing that was installed on it.
Thanks everyone for all of the help and advice.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good deal. now check for spark and fuel.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You also need compression.
yes you do but checking the easy ones first is always best. if there isnt any spark or fuel then compression doesnt matter at that point. once hes got those then if it still doesnt fire then compression would be the nest place to look. unless you happen to have a copression gauge on hand.

L.D.Forget

yes you do but checking the easy ones first is always best. if there isnt any spark or fuel then compression doesnt matter at that point. once hes got those then if it still doesnt fire then compression would be the nest place to look. unless you happen to have a copression gauge on hand.
Compression is just as easy to test, as long as you have a compression tester, lol.

93Civicspeed

So when I go to start my car I push in the clutch turn the key and its like Im not pushing in the clutch no tick no nothing would that be the clutch safty switch?

L.D.Forget

which if you look closly, is exactly what i said lol.
To check fuel properly, you need a fuel pressure gauge, so in my opinion its equal in "difficulty" and in "requirements". Just cause you hear the fuel pump prime doesnt mean your getting proper fuel pressure.

93Civicspeed

Yeah fuel pump primes and now I got it started the Clutch safty sensor switch is shot so I just bypassed it and said f**k it now next thing is the B20

93Civicspeed

Bypass it I had to so I could start my car, the safty switch went out and I didnt feel like spending $50 for an AutoZone one

Status
Not open for further replies.