how to gain acceleration to 99 civic ex?

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look the reality of your situation is that you are working with a economy engine with a automatic transmission. Your best bet for a fun amount of power would be to do a 5 speed swap and a GSR, LS, or B16. There are no NA bolt on's for B series or D series that gain any real power when the internals are in stock form. Don't waste your time or money on under-drive pulleys.

After the swap your best bang for buck is boost. All the B series engines are great platforms for low level boost in stock form.

lewis42189

5+ Year Member
i might jus put in a manual tranny and then turbo my d-series im not sure........... im going to paint my valve cover this week its going to look pretty badass when i get done.......

EK1.6LCIV

bustin' out the OEM goodz
5+ Year Member
removing weight is your friend :D

take the back seats out, strip the rear, remove sound deadening, put in some lighters front seats, carbon door skins, boot lid, hood, doors, side skirts, bumpersfront fenders without indicators, lips, sunroof cover, remove ac/ps, remove antenna, remove radio with speakers and wiring, remove ac cluster, remove glove box, carpet, roof liner, spare wheel and tool kit, boot liners, remove abs, light weight wheel nuts, light weight wheels (various countries not just jap), take a s**t before driving, run decent fuel (98 octane plus)

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would just only drive down hill, it will feel faster then.

lewis42189

5+ Year Member
ummmm no............. im not taking all that stuff off cause then i realy would have a go kart lol hahahahaha

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buy a better tires and naws

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't bother with weight reduction. It's pointless unless you are building a race car. A manual D series turbo charged will be plenty fun.

lewis42189

5+ Year Member
yah thats what i was thinking i have a friend that can get me the whole 5 speed trany complete kit for $400 and its the the tranny ecm pedal assembly and every thing i would need to make my car manual and then jus after that jus turbo my car and see how much fun i have......... ;)

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you'd be surprised how much quicker the car is with just the 5 speed by itself...

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Painted valve cover, nice! You're definately going to smoke that Porsche now!

lewis42189

5+ Year Member
yah i know my friend jus bought a 93 hatch tonight and i took him to go buy it and f**kin A man its the d-series jus like mine but it was a 5 speed and it was sooooo nice other than suspention there isnt anything done to it under the hood except exhaust and headers and they took out the ac which the guy by the waytold me that he noticed a huge difference right after he took it and then went to drive it but....... i digress so yah i drove it and it was nice to have that kinda power and after we left the dude house we did a couple of runs on the high way and i can actualy say i held my own........ except when we werent on the highway he kicked my ass pretty bad......

lewis42189

5+ Year Member
i gotta that 5 speed swap bad if any body has any manual stuff uguys wanna get rid of let meknow!!!!

d.Wrek

5+ Year Member
you could throw some vtec stickers on...usually adds about 15-20hps...mosdef go with tha 5 speed tranny

silverdino

5+ Year Member
hondas arent made to go fast. ya sure you can boost it but itll screw your d-16 up bad unless you replace internals(pistons rods ect...) if you want power upgrade the motor and stay naturally aspirated,just my opinion.

lewis42189

5+ Year Member
idk my friend who had jus bought a 93 hatch the other day me and him are talking about going in a buying a kind of "junk car" if u will and find one witha b-series motor and im gunna get that and put in my car soo idk work in progress u know...........

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
leave the civic alone. buy an old YZF-R1 and call it a day :what: