1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

How to install front cambers into an EJ Civic

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension DIY How-To's' started by gebs06, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. gebs06

gebs06 Klub EJ Registered VIP

well you guys wanted it... here ya go....
    1st off i'm going to skip a couple of steps such as putting the car on jack stands and taking off the wheels etc. This is Civic Nation we all should know how to do that by now.

The OEM
    [​IMG]

The aftermarket
    [​IMG]

1st you need to acquire the tool need from your local advance auto shop. The tool is called a tie rod puller{huh] yeah i know weird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then you need to remove the shock absorber [well i did needed slack for my shock absorber].
    [​IMG]

Then you remove the cotton pin that holds your castle nut in place. Do not remove the castle nut b/c you'll need the support from this for your steering knuckle.
    [​IMG]

Alright here is the easiest part but required the golden tool. With the tie rod puller insert it below the camber stud and in betw/ the ball joint.
    [​IMG]

Boy that was easy.

Now you need to remove the two pivot bolts that hold your upper camber to the car...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remove those two bolts and you are home free from there. Installation is reverse...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you're done you should get something like this....
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps a lot of you..... Any questions just ask......

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=184784:Raza:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Shiznit

Shiznit Stickin it to the Man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

there you go

3. gebs06

wow its magic you know....thanks Shiznit. i coulda used u a while back...loll

4. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Nice write-up

5. gebs06

thanks...i tried to help every1 else out b/c i know whats it like to not find a topic on this...

6. 31dev31

31dev31 Chillin' Canadian Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Nice write-up :thumbs up

For the most part, you can get by without the "tie rod puller", I usually take the nut off with a gun, then thread it back on a couple turns by hand to protect the threads, and give the knuckle a couple good whacks with a BFH on the mounting area to break loose the taper.

7. gebs06

i thought about that. how did the hammer fit in the fender:?:....

8. civicSIcoupe

civicSIcoupe All Day, Every Day Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

x2 same goes for when i do it. good write up man

9. Shiznit

Shiznit Stickin it to the Man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

moved to the archive

10. gebs06

lol. it like shiznit is my content manager or something.....He knows where and how to move this stuff. I just know how to post it...lol. Anyone has any suggestions on other DIY's that are not out there.....this is my passion :mrgreen:

11. hooked_on4

hooked_on4 RegularFlush Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Nice writeup man,

I didn't need that tool as I just had a progress kit, which used the OEM UCM but the install was very straight forward.

12. gebs06

roll call where's Shiznit i may have another write-up that needs his attention.....lol

13. Aaron.

Aaron. New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

very nice write up

14. gebs06

tanks cuz...

15. civic0918

civic0918 New Member Registered VIP

Nice write up bro. i was told camber kits are not needed just adjust the toe and you will be fine. I dunno if i need it ill do it but if not i wont but i love diy job's. My buddy is insane good i just run around and hand him tools lol. You did a great write up though thanx a milli..

16. civic0918

civic0918 New Member Registered VIP

I see you have someone moving your post around also. I have the same trouble and i think its lame ass bullshit. Wtf are we in school or what? lol I personally think its in a good spot and was written very nice. Sometimes i'll have a retarded question and i get introuble for posting it in the wrong area. We all enjoy the same hobby so why cant we all just get along? I hope dude stops riding your ass i hate that s**t.

17. gebs06

thanks cuz.....haha idk long as you guys get the post i could careless where it goes.....but if he knows heck he can do all the work for me...

18. Wax Hands

Wax Hands Smell my finger Registered VIP

Should rename this thread to:

HOW TO: Install front upper control arms.

19. gebs06

you know what i thought about that b/c the book calls them the upper control arm. but then people would hesitate on what upper control arms are....so i just stuck w/ front cambers b/c Honda doesn't call them cambers but instead upper control arms...

20. cheeseneck

cheeseneck Already RHD Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

whatever dude, Nice write Up!