1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

How To: Install Skunk2 Shifter w/ Shift Bushings

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain DIY How-To's' started by stolibears, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. sloenuf

sloenuf New Member 5+ Year Member

what size nut did you use on the shifter?

2. REDWIDOW

REDWIDOW New Member

I know this is old and had similar issues as you... well those little sleeves need to be pressed in with a small press or use a smooth pair of channel locks they will go in easier this way. Might be a bit easier if the shifter is not installed yet when you do this. on to my next problem wtf is the spacer for lol well i did some studying and placed it between the washer and the shift linkage on the right side of the shifter my linkage was a bit muttled up so don't mind that=) here is a picture to show you how I used the spacer, it shifts cleanly through the gears and is pretty firm no slop.

[​IMG]

3. hatchback fan

hatchback fan New Member

Need help

I have a 92' civic si. I and a friend of mine put in a stort shifter and bushings Everything went great. The question i have is when i shift to gears its not smooth. Te shifter doen't not lock in to place right away. It's real bad with Revse gear. Now it did the same thing before we replaced everything. Whats wrong why is it doing that. My friend say's it's not sinking up perfect when i shift. What is it and how do i fix it ?

4. cheeseneck

cheeseneck Already RHD Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

well this write up will sure come in handy for me...

5. Vitaliy93

Vitaliy93 New Member

Bump. Got a question. For the people who installed the skunk2 short throw, did the linkage hit the stock exhaust? I got a 94 dx 5 speed. My exhaust is stock and i want to make sure the shifter linkage wont hit it.

6. Garrywang

Garrywang New Member

epic doing this mod this weekend and it is exactly how i thought it would be kudos on a very informative thread

7. SiR1097

SiR1097 New Member

[​IMG]

Been trying to do this and for the life of me I couldn't get the bushing through the extension rod like in the pic :(

I tried doing it without dropping my exhaust, cause well, I just don't know how to. But I got out the old one, and the flared end of the extension rod just won't go through the hole in the new ES bushing. I can't even get some pliers in the space to try to squeeze the flared ends in a bit.

Any ideas folks? Thanks.

8. newman210

newman210 New Member

Nice writeup!! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!