i got stoped and state reffed

civic99white

casper
5+ Year Member
:Ddose any one know what happens if i get cought driving after getting a ticket for headers with no carb sticker so now i have to go to state reff but untill then i have to go work and stuff but i was wondering what would have happened

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theyll impound your car and arrest you.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't you love California?! I know you have to drive to work and stuff but if I were you I would avoid driving as much as possible. Make sure your car looks legal from outside (licence plates, working lights, no tint etc...), other than that I don't know what to say except good luck, I hope you don't get blurped again or its cooks for you!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just put your stock header back on, geez dont be goofy

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just put your stock header back on, geez dont be goofy
its not that easy.

hes gotta make an appt at a ref station, then pass a visual, comprehensive, and emissions test.

all of which are much more stringent than the standard smog testing here in CA

when i got my ref ticket i went about 6 times and still never passed, took me like 6 months too

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that sucks, we dont have all that here where i live, its just pretty much anything goes

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Comprehensive test? What's that?
the visual is just to make sure nothing has a hole in it, no cut wires, everything is in a loom or taped up, etc.

comprehensive is they make sure its all the right parts for that engine, and its the right engine for that car, etc. basically, its a bunch of number comparison lol

and emissions, thats self explanatory

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha cali blows. Maryland sucks too. My dad just moved over the PA line from MD. Im gonna register my car up there now and get my window tint back

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's his own fault for not buying a CARB legal part.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cali isn't that bad as people make it out to be, just have to know the laws and how to manipulate them and find loop holes.

civic99white

casper
5+ Year Member
hahaha i have to say i love cali. so i just called DC and they told me to take a pic of my header and they will send me a carb sticker im loven it i just hope the reffs not a d**k and says its all good

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All the more reason to hate Cali. Thats why I'll NEVER live there. I should be able to do what I want to me car, as long as Im not totally polluting the environment, and running a cat. The whole CARB thing is just a way for companies to get more money out of people. Cali officials prolly pay off these companies to slap a carb tag on the part, and charge more for it. Cali FTL