i got stoped and state reffed

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why would I be mad at something thats only for CA? Plus, what is really the difference between a CARB header, and a non-CARB header? Please, I would like to know, in all seriousness. Because to my knowledge, theyre the same. One just has a tag on it so its legal in CA.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would I be mad at something thats only for CA? Plus, what is really the difference between a CARB header, and a non-CARB header? Please, I would like to know, in all seriousness. Because to my knowledge, theyre the same. One just has a tag on it so its legal in CA.
Thats like asking "whats the difference between an illegal maxican and one with a green card?":lol:

Yes california laws are shitty sometimes. Hey can you own a gun where you live?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats like asking "whats the difference between an illegal maxican and one with a green card?":lol:

Yes california laws are shitty sometimes. Hey can you own a gun where you live?
My point exactly...

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No racism intended, in case I offended anyone.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahaha i have to say i love cali. so i just called DC and they told me to take a pic of my header and they will send me a carb sticker im loven it i just hope the reffs not a d**k and says its all good
You're still in violation. You'll probably get a lesser fine. The fact that your product didn't have the CARB sticker is in violation. Technically, if you bought that item used, they shouldn't have sent you a CARB sticker because of the contracts between the CARB Board and the company.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just f**kin with you.

the difference is the company jumped through all the legal hoops and did all the paperwork to get the header approved in CA, because of our emissions laws.

i give DC and AEM a :thumbup: for going throught the extra trouble. because if they didnt then most of us in CA wouldnt even be able to modify our cars. and if we did, theyd be illegal.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hence my reasoning, that the price for those peices are so much. An AEM/DC Sport header is designed the same as other headers, yet DC's are spiked in price, b/c of the CARB tag (yea, some of it has to do with R&D, but still). I guess it goes to say, that if you want to stay legal, you'll pay anything. :what:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
All the more reason to hate Cali. Thats why I'll NEVER live there. I should be able to do what I want to me car, as long as Im not totally polluting the environment, and running a cat. The whole CARB thing is just a way for companies to get more money out of people. Cali officials prolly pay off these companies to slap a carb tag on the part, and charge more for it. Cali FTL
This is California, im sure they made CARB a law, so they can make companies pay to get their products "tested".

Just like we have to PAY to legally drive on our roads.