I hate my EF8

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok heres the story. I bought the car last year for $400. The body looked like s**t and it ran ok. After removing all the fiberglass the a-hole put on b4 me i found out the body is just crap. Mostly the doors. so i have been spending money on doors that dont fit. I got some cheap ass skunk 2 knock off coilovers from ebay that got my car bouncing more than a fat ladys stomach. And on top of that my alternater is going out. The only thing I'm worried about is getting the doors. If I cant find them soon im either going to sell the whole car or maybe trade it in for a four door 4th generation. what should i do?

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The likelihood that your "EF8" is actually an EF8 is low. When people refer to their cars by the chassis code, get it right. You have an ED9. Keep the CRX, it is nice. Get new doors at a junkyard, 88-89 CRX doors, any model.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SpoonFedRexSi said:
Keep the CRX, it is nice. Get new doors at a junkyard, 88-89 CRX doors, any model.
I've done that. The problem is that if the junk yard has a Crx at all the doors are shot to hell.

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where in Ohio do you live? Come to Riverside Auto Salvage in West Carrollton (8-10 miles south of Dayton). They have a couple big rows of Hondas. There are about 15-20 88-91 CRX's with good parts left on them. That's if you want the doors that bad (traveling long distance).

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SpoonFedRexSi said:
Where in Ohio do you live? Come to Riverside Auto Salvage in West Carrollton (8-10 miles south of Dayton). They have a couple big rows of Hondas. There are about 15-20 88-91 CRX's with good parts left on them. That's if you want the doors that bad (traveling long distance).
I live in Springfield about 30 min away. Do you have a number i can call?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
88CReXin said:
I live in Springfield about 30 min away. Do you have a number i can call?
is that anywhere near the simpson, anywho if ya need a alternator let me know i'll send ya one for 10.00 shipped.

pisetup

Club Civic NCO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I drove 4-1/2 hours to get a new door for my Si. But the drive was well worth it.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should look a little more, a crx is a fun little car to drive when its in good condition, hope you find your doors soon =)

the interior of my doors are starting tor ust out... why is it rusting frmo the inside out?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
teevee247 said:
you should look a little more, a crx is a fun little car to drive when its in good condition, hope you find your doors soon =)

the interior of my doors are starting tor ust out... why is it rusting frmo the inside out?
you mean the interior paneling?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
88CReXin said:
Ok heres the story. I bought the car last year for $400. The body looked like s**t and it ran ok. After removing all the fiberglass the a-hole put on b4 me i found out the body is just crap. Mostly the doors. so i have been spending money on doors that dont fit. I got some cheap ass skunk 2 knock off coilovers from ebay that got my car bouncing more than a fat ladys stomach. And on top of that my alternater is going out. The only thing I'm worried about is getting the doors. If I cant find them soon im either going to sell the whole car or maybe trade it in for a four door 4th generation. what should i do?
Well what did you expect for $400.....A diamond ring? I dont think so....Plus if your gonna invest in crap (knockoff s**t from EBAY), YOUR GONNA GET CRAP! Okay, now that I got my thought across, go do what SpponFedRexSi said and go to the junk yard down there....15-20 CRX's sounds like you will have a pretty good chance of finding everything that you need.

You have a great car iin your hands, quit crying.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
is that anywhere near the simpson, anywho if ya need a alternator let me know i'll send ya one for 10.00 shipped.
I have an 88 hf that doesnt run at my grandmothers but i just havent had the time to take it off with me in college and i dont know if i need a different belt to run it or not. Thanks for the offer.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
88CReXin said:
I have an 88 hf that doesnt run at my grandmothers but i just havent had the time to take it off with me in college and i dont know if i need a different belt to run it or not. Thanks for the offer.
if you need a alt just let me know, i have 2 extra's with low milage that's been sitting in my basement for a little over a year.

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah, you don't have an Si, it's an ED8.

Riverside Auto Salvage: 866-0378 561 W. Central Ave. West Carrollton.

Take I-75 South, get off the Moraine/West Carrollton exit (first one after Cooper Tire plant). After you get off that exit you'll be on Central Ave. Go into the city of West Carrollton (where I live) you'll go past a bunch of fast food joints. After the 4th light you go through, keep going about a 1/2 mile on the right is Riverside.

That's where I got my brand new black hood for $100. It was about to go on a 4th gen hatch where I found it in. You can bargain with the guy there and maybe even pocket some small parts.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
teevee247 said:

Where do i begin with the doors? When i got the car there was nothing but fiberglass on the damn thngs. It was even sanded down at all. When i sanded down the driver side on the bottom there is three big holes the the size of a blank cd. On the passenger side the a-hole had someone take a piece of sheet metal and rivited on. I figure i leave that one alone. So i accidently got a door from a 90-91and it didnt fit (didnt know at the time) And on top of that none of them seal properly.

So know i have like three doors that dont fit. I will sale the 90-91 doors but i want to smooth them out. I dont want to send someone crap.

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
/me groans at another thread where someone claims to have an EF(8). I want someone to actually post who really DOES own an EF and knows how hard it is to maintain one in terms of parts.

I dunno why people are ashamed of saying they have an ED - I've owned an ED6 before the EF9 and was happy to call it an ED6 (GL twin-carb) hatch =)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Setanta said:
/me groans at another thread where someone claims to have an EF(8). I want someone to actually post who really DOES own an EF and knows how hard it is to maintain one in terms of parts.

I dunno why people are ashamed of saying they have an ED - I've owned an ED6 before the EF9 and was happy to call it an ED6 (GL twin-carb) hatch =)
chill, they just do it as symbolism, they know they aren't real ef, but it's just a symbol, not reality.