I need a muffler thats good

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ha' peeps i have a 95' Honda civic dx coupe and i noticed a week later that i have a straight threw exuast with a stock muffler. I noticed it a week later cuase i can only play with it on weekends. As i was driving i said this is a lil loud and when i down shift it back makes poping noise how can i solve this with out getting a hole new exuast system my friends said it would be even louder and more clear but i wont to know from other people. Does it gain any horse power like that are do i need to replace the hole freakin thing please let me know..................? :lol:

Ace$nyper

dude really can't understand what your talking about somthing about gettting a new muffler i think.

Clear your post up and we'd be happy to help

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will gain a couple hp.. nothing noticeable.

and.. you are on the verge of being a ricer. "dom" = F&F... hp increases from muffler.... read man read. and learn how to write/spell -- you'll get better responses.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HAHAHAHAHA english motherfuck do u speak it? hahahah thats killen me

keebs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow u guys are f**kin faggots answer his question even if u dont know what he said give it a try? dumbass e-thugs

Ace$nyper

keebs said:
wow u guys are f**kin faggots answer his question even if u dont know what he said give it a try? dumbass e-thugs
your mother sucks cocks in hell :D

keebs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice comeback buddy, go to school faggot be sure to take "reading" class k?

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keebs said:
Thanks man.... I was doing to things at one time and made some errors my bad... But for you stuck up people that dont have manners F_ U.... And that rice sh*t.. :evil: Shut your hole in your face that wonts to keep leekin. I said nothing about whats in your lunch box under your hood..... I can read and write and i can crush your jaw don't give me lip cuz im 17.That don't mean sh*t....Well enough with your Pre- school sh*t lets talk on the mature level. Ok u said i get power from the muffler. What type of muffler can i go with? Without it sounding like a bee trap. Please help me on what to do.......

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK im still not really sure of what going on here but ill give it a try. It sounds like you want a new muffler sound and more power. Your not going to get any/much power from a new muffler and thats that. But as for sound. Go for a brand name muffler and you wont be dissapointed. Try Greddy or HKS. Nice sound to both of them.

steve8091

Blanned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would love to hear a muffler make a "poping" noise. Please record it and post a wav.

As for your question, do you WANT a loud muffler, or no? If so, go with APEXi N1, if not, Greddy Evo. As has been said, you'll pick up a horse or two either way.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
OK im still not really sure of what going on here but ill give it a try. It sounds like you want a new muffler sound and more power. Your not going to get any/much power from a new muffler and thats that. But as for sound. Go for a brand name muffler and you wont be dissapointed. Try Greddy or HKS. Nice sound to both of them.
Thanks man about time someone acks right and helpes me with some points. Should i go 2.5inch? Some of these guys have 9inches of pole stuck up there ass thats all....

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No loude muffler here just a extra horse are two that sounds pretty good and not something you can here cruzing a mile away..

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
Thanks man about time someone acks right and helpes me with some points. Should i go 2.5inch? Some of these guys have 9inches of pole stuck up there ass thats all....
wait?!?! your going to stick a 2.5 pole up your ass? just kidding. 2.5 piping is probaly the largest you want to go for a NA car.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HA' HA'......... No faget here. But ya thats what i was thinkin.. Some of my friends have 3 inches on there 400horse turbo'd si but im no were near those rockets but i just liked the way his was but i wont alil smaller. If i were to angle it would it cost me power.

steve8091

Blanned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
If i were to angle it would it cost me power.
No. A round nozzle is a round nozzle. That is, if you're talking about the tip. If you're talking about the pipe, it will cost you something on the order of 0.01 horsepower.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well any angles cost you power. But how much power is really coming from the civic? Exhaust upgrades are really going to have minimal power gains. So dont worry about it that much. A name brand cat back will give you some gains but nothing extremely noticable.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
HA' HA'......... No faget here. But ya thats what i was thinkin.. Some of my friends have 3 inches on there 400horse turbo'd si but im no were near those rockets but i just liked the way his was but i wont alil smaller. If i were to angle it would it cost me power.
400 horse si? i know its possible but unlikely.

steve8091

Blanned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To give you an idea: in terms of fluid dynamics, a 45 degree bend has about 1/1000th the effect of a catalytic converter (K factor). And we all know how much gain you feel when you pull out your cat. :roll:

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve8091 said:
I would love to hear a muffler make a "poping" noise. Please record it and post a wav.

As for your question, do you WANT a loud muffler, or no? If so, go with APEXi N1, if not, Greddy Evo. As has been said, you'll pick up a horse or two either way.
No thats straight it would make anybody fill sick. I hate driving the damn thing with that noise and when i down shift to a red light thats the greatest part of the hole thing....vroooooommmmmmm POW like four times.. Its not that that bad but would like to make a change fast. My girlfriend bugs me about it. When are you going to change that s**t and my answer is when are you going to give me money to get a new muffler. I wish but ya i wont 2horse gane and not to loud....

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats the problem i dont have one.Its a straight threw exuast welded to a stock muffler...