I need a muffler thats good

hatchsi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
Ha' peeps i have a 95' Honda civic dx coupe and i noticed a week later that i have a straight threw exuast with a stock muffler. I noticed it a week later cuase i can only play with it on weekends. As i was driving i said this is a lil loud and when i down shift it back makes poping noise how can i solve this with out getting a hole new exuast system my friends said it would be even louder and more clear but i wont to know from other people. Does it gain any horse power like that are do i need to replace the hole freakin thing please let me know..................? :lol:
Hey dude,
I have a generic muffler on one of my cars and it actually sounds pretty good. I don't think you have to get a namebrand muffler I think you would just be paying for the name although construction will probably be better. I would go with 2" pipe or 21/2" max and mozart sounds quite good. I got a mozart 21/2 pipe with a cherry bomb but you don't really need the cherry bomb and it still sounds deep. Oh and I don't think a tip is necessary sometimes it causes odd noises. Hope this helps.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hatchsi said:
Hey dude,
I have a generic muffler on one of my cars and it actually sounds pretty good. I don't think you have to get a namebrand muffler I think you would just be paying for the name although construction will probably be better. I would go with 2" pipe or 21/2" max and mozart sounds quite good. I got a mozart 21/2 pipe with a cherry bomb but you don't really need the cherry bomb and it still sounds deep. Oh and I don't think a tip is necessary sometimes it causes odd noises. Hope this helps.
Thanks man. I went up to my local Honda used car dealer ship near by. Were they sale used imports with droped engines and everything. But the guy nows people i know. He gave me a deal on a muffler. It is called a bomz R-spec universual stainless steel 3/5 inch muffler for $70 bucks. I know mufflers in some performance stores sale some for 100 to 200 dollars. So i went ahead and got it. Do you think its a good muffler for its price and good in all :?: :roll:

hatchsi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
Thanks man. I went up to my local Honda used car dealer ship near by. Were they sale used imports with droped engines and everything. But the guy nows people i know. He gave me a deal on a muffler. It is called a bomz R-spec universual stainless steel 3/5 inch muffler for $70 bucks. I know mufflers in some performance stores sale some for 100 to 200 dollars. So i went ahead and got it. Do you think its a good muffler for its price and good in all :?: :roll:

3/5 inch muffler??...Don't really understand about that...but if you are getting a stainless steel muffler for $70 that's about Jobber price so that aint a bad deal....After you hook it up let me know how it sounds...it's probable the same as a mozart with a different brand name...all these generics are about the same...If you want a more wide range on power go with 2" pipes....2 1/2 can be overkill with just bolt ons...

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tsudo fireball catback!

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
Ok ok we believe you but dude please calm down when you type. everyone is having trouble understanding what you are saying
let him say what he wants to say!

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rUdGrICk said:
let him say what he wants to say!
Ok man ima work on that. Black people and computers are hard to get along with and im just trying to get along thats all........ Ima work on that. 8)

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your car is non-turbo dont get anything above 2.5 inches in pipe diameter as for the muffler, there is no science behind that s**t either, just depends on the sound you want the muffler to make and the PRICE your willing to pay for that sound. Best thing to do is listen to some of your friend s cars and see which one you like and go from there. Dont listen to peeps on here telling you which sounds best because only YOU know what sounds best. I once had an APEX N1 on my turbo eclipse and it wasn't loud but it had a really Deep bass like tone, you wouldnt hear it but u would feel it in and out of the ca.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hatchsi said:
3/5 inch muffler??...Don't really understand about that...but if you are getting a stainless steel muffler for $70 that's about Jobber price so that aint a bad deal....After you hook it up let me know how it sounds...it's probable the same as a mozart with a different brand name...all these generics are about the same...If you want a more wide range on power go with 2" pipes....2 1/2 can be overkill with just bolt ons...

So you don't think my single r-spec 3 1/2 inch muffler well sound good. I have to find someone to welled it on for me to. So its not on yet. But i was about to get a 2 tip 1/2 inch muffler but i just liked the single tip. I have herd what it sounds like on a civic. It sounds pretty good.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NewEraImports09 said:
If your car is non-turbo dont get anything above 2.5 inches in pipe diameter as for the muffler, there is no science behind that s**t either, just depends on the sound you want the muffler to make and the PRICE your willing to pay for that sound. Best thing to do is listen to some of your friend s cars and see which one you like and go from there. Dont listen to peeps on here telling you which sounds best because only YOU know what sounds best. I once had an APEX N1 on my turbo eclipse and it wasn't loud but it had a really Deep bass like tone, you wouldnt hear it but u would feel it in and out of the ca.

Thanks man you are right. But the thing is i already purchased the muffler. But its not on yet. It looks great and every body is telling me yeah it will sound way better than it is. But i am haveing some second thoughts about it. I guess i should just put it on and see if i like it and if not take it off and sell it and go from ther what you think. Ima post some pics of it this weekend..

hatchsi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve8091 said:
I would love to hear a muffler make a "poping" noise. Please record it and post a wav.

As for your question, do you WANT a loud muffler, or no? If so, go with APEXi N1, if not, Greddy Evo. As has been said, you'll pick up a horse or two either way.

Hey guy the popping noise is probably when he downshifts and it backfires either that or he got an exhaust leak. In my opinion brand name mufflers won't make too much difference, you can probably pick up a generic brand named one and it won't make much difference. Check the pipe size if you are all stock (no internals) go with 2" and leave your noise resonator on.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hatchsi said:
Hey guy the popping noise is probably when he downshifts and it backfires either that or he got an exhaust leak. In my opinion brand name mufflers won't make too much difference, you can probably pick up a generic brand named one and it won't make much difference. Check the pipe size if you are all stock (no internals) go with 2" and leave your noise resonator on.
Ok. This is the hole deal. When i got the car two months ago. I noticed why it didn't sound normal. When i looked under the car there was a straight pipe that replaced the cat. It is welded to the headers. The pipe is 2 inches big than it is welded to the stock pipe that is conected to the stock muffler. That is 1/2 inch big so ya,' The pipe is way to small and thats why its so loud. But there is no leeks its a new stock muffler that sounds like s**t. I purchased a 3/5 inch bomz r-spec muffler. Do you think that will be to loud if i put it on? Would it do any thing to the sound? :roll:

hatchsi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
Ok. This is the hole deal. When i got the car two months ago. I noticed why it didn't sound normal. When i looked under the car there was a straight pipe that replaced the cat. It is welded to the headers. The pipe is 2 inches big than it is welded to the stock pipe that is conected to the stock muffler. That is 1/2 inch big so ya,' The pipe is way to small and thats why its so loud. But there is no leeks its a new stock muffler that sounds like s**t. I purchased a 3/5 inch bomz r-spec muffler. Do you think that will be to loud if i put it on? Would it do any thing to the sound? :roll:

Okay guy I don't mean to rag you on your grammar but I had a difficult time making sense of it but, This is what I got. The pipe going to the "straight pipe" is alot smaller and you bought a new muffler and you want to know if it is too loud. OKay here's the deal first of all the bigger the pipe the louder it will be in general. Second if you bought one of those large tipped mufflers it will resonate the sound. In my opinion I would replace the "straight pipe" with a resonator (any kind will work. but if you want it softer use the longest one possible) replace the rest of the small pipe with 2" pipe and use another type of muffler. If you want to use the muffler you have use a really long resonator. I have 2 1/2 pipe (over exhausted) with a cherry bomb (cheap resonator 22") and a generic Mozart muffler (no emissions) and it has a nice tone on the low side.

Hope this helps guy

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doms_EJ2 said:
dude, you got ripped off. i have seen bomz mufflers on ebay for $30 shipped. i dont know about quality, but they probrably arent that bad. Your exhaust is gonna still be loud cause as everyone says you need that resonator.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
dude, you got ripped off. i have seen bomz mufflers on ebay for $30 shipped. i dont know about quality, but they probrably arent that bad. Your exhaust is gonna still be loud cause as everyone says you need that resonator.
So are you telling me it would still sound the same but louder? How much does a resonator i think thats how you spell it cost and to get a bigger straight pipe?

crossvii

zZzZz
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u get wat u pay for.. but gettin ripped is a different thing.. save urself some time and just replace the whole thing.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
f**ken right Pulp Fiction...

Is this your hanburger?

Ace$nyper said:

dude really can't understand what your talking about somthing about gettting a new muffler i think.

Clear your post up and we'd be happy to help