I Need Ideas For Summer Jobs. Please Help

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i work at a tire shop. 10/hr and i get to work on cars all day.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a contractor job. try electrical.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
actually you might wanna try big corporate offices danny. thats what i did last summer and thats what im doin this summer...i had enough free time last summer at work that i had a ton of my posts during work hours

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for a summer job, I HIGHLY recommend INSIDE SALES.

You'll burn out right when school starts, so you itll be perfect timing.

On the average day I make no less than 14/hr and on good days I make close to 20/hr... my best day I made 22.50 / hr.

Plus you get good sales experience... and as we all know... 90%+ of the richest people in the world are salesman.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, apparently i'm a good sales man...last summer i did the food prep job and also sold fireworks at a stand...i was able to bring in $7500 in one night.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spook4thecia said:
Come down here. Post Katrina work = bank. Seriously. Half the plates around here are Texas, Al, Ms, and Ak. If you can find descent rent, you can make serious money. $20-30 hour. Manual labor though. And you'd have to deal with the N.O. summer heat.
damn youre tempting me .... been needing a change of scenery ... but i think id lose CA resident status by taking a job in another state then have to pay out of state tuition here :(

anyways im either working for the department of water resources doing fish counts on the sacramento river, or going back to napa (my hometown) and gettin my old job back at the grocery store.

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
yeah, apparently i'm a good sales man...last summer i did the food prep job and also sold fireworks at a stand...i was able to bring in $7500 in one night.
comissionable sales is where its at.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just got a job at my local housing authority like 10 minutes ago. 7-4 pm, 5 days a week. Weekends and holidays off, and starting pay is $10.00. I seriously can't f**king wait, I start May 21, finally I'll be able ot buy car parts again.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spook4thecia said:
Come down here. Post Katrina work = bank. Seriously. Half the plates around here are Texas, Al, Ms, and Ak. If you can find descent rent, you can make serious money. $20-30 hour. Manual labor though. And you'd have to deal with the N.O. summer heat.

But if movin way from home isn't your thing...

Ever think about being a delivery guy? You'd prob have to take off the Equips *cough* Drags *cough*:laugh: I work as a delivery guy for Wing Zone and make pretty good money with tips. Delivering is awesome except the extra mileage and shitty streets/lowered car. We've only been open like 2-3 months and I make like $70-100/night on weekends. Plus I get to be in my car where I'm happiest. XM plus quick city driving = 7 hr shifts that seem like 3 hours;)
A friend of mine works down there.. He works one week, off the next, and repeat.. He's making good money too..

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I need a f**king job bad. I am to lazy to apply places though. What kind of sales are you guys talking about like best buy floor sales? furniture? and s**t like that?

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im working at a bodyshop, which i have been doing even while im in school.

Before that i worked at a place called American Pride Co-op, it was like a farm/feed store, moving feed and such.

Mow yards or something if you have to.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^ Yeah just mowing laws can yield huge amount of money. My younger brother who is only 16 started up a business mowing lawns like a year ago, it was him and his 2 friends. He makes close to 3K a month during the summer. Then during the winter we both plow driveways and make about $45 a driveway.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just took a job with LaMotte Chemical (company I was at before) as a Maintenance Technican, Monday-Friday... its my second choice as a job (first was a internship with Chase Banks, but I haven't heard back) I should make decent money doing that, and I'll still have weekends free to do whatever.
Chances are I'll pickup a weekend job at a local resruant or possibly Spartan Fireworks, as well as do some installs and detailing.

I got offered the job at LaMotte before they advertised it because I've worked there before and they called me today to see if I had found a summer job, and when i told them i hadn't, they offered it to me on the spot. No interview, no resume, I'll fill out the app my first day there. the only thing i have to do before i start working is take my piss test at labcorp.

As far as suggestions go- my roomate is working as an iron worker in NY making crazy BANK... I would say look into a oil change place or commisioned sales...

Last edited:

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Costco pays really good. I think you startat 10$/hr and it doesn't even open till like 9 and closes at 9 or 10 so you'll never work late/early
ACtually, they start at 11 now. They raised it up from 10 to 11 back in March. But it'll take longer to get raises. You have work your ass off. But it's worth it because the managers are likely to take your side inside of the members. They take care of you if you have a complaint. But the first 90 days, you have to work your ass off in order for them to keep, after that, it's a piece of cake. Apply for part time, full time is reserved for the people who are currently working there. But even if you apply for seasonal, that wouldn't be too bad. Because they tend to hire back the people who have worked for them first before they hire anyone else. If you go with Front End, you will likely to be pushing lots of carts. Just don't slack off. At first, you won't like it. But after a while, you wouldn't give a s**t anymore. Costco is a good company to work for, I recommend it. Work hard and become a supervisior, good pay out. I believe it starts at 19 bucks an hour.

I think it's depending for state to state. But it's 10am to 8:30pm on weekdays and 9:30am to 6pm on weekends. Plus you get full benefit and vacation pay and paid holiday off. But just because they open at 10, doesn't mean that you will start at 10, you may start earlier than that. If you get a later shift, you can stay as late as 11pm.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just want to say you guys are great... even the ones who call me a homo lol

i have 4 job interviews over the next 2 weeks.. thanks guys

o and this link did it all i literally sat on my ass and got job offers cause of this link

[civic] said:
Saw this commercial a few weeks back; check the link out.

http://www.snagajob.com/?ref=sajPartTimeJobs

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
i just want to say you guys are great... even the ones who call me a homo lol

i have 4 job interviews over the next 2 weeks.. thanks guys

o and this link did it all i literally sat on my ass and got job offers cause of this link

I'm glad you actually took the link and used it. For a second, no one mentioned anything about this link; I thought it was irrelevant for what you want.

Good to see that the link was helpful. Good luck with the interviews.