If you could live anywhere in the WORLD

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where would it be?? Again, don't list Amsterdam so you can do drugs legally, or Colombia so you can make a profit on Coke.

Would you want to retire and make a life there? Have your career and life there?

It's been a life long dream of mine to settle either in Scotland or England. My father is from Scotland, and ever since I was a small child I've yearned to be there. I would love to land a teaching job there someday and relocate and start/end my life there. Or England.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Either where I am now, or in Japan.

I've been to many different countries, and nothing compares to Japan. The cultures are incredible, the food is great, the people are among the nicest in the world, the architecture is beautiful, the weather's not too shabby, and there's plenty to do at all hours. I often think of just going to live over there for a year.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know much other parts of the world, let alone our own cities here in the US. So I'd probably go wherever my wife would want to go if she wanted to move elsewhere :lol:. If I'm single, I would most certainly travel just because I've always wanted to. Europe definitely looks absolutely beautiful from movies and pictures I've seen. I don't want to go to South Korea just from what I've heard. Insanely expensive and it's too over-crowded. like hustle and bustle but not that.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a lot of great choices, maybe Sydney if I were to go abroad. If I were to stay domestic Chicago is a pretty great city but lately I've been kind of fascinated with the Pacific Northwest.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a lot of great choices, maybe Sydney if I were to go abroad. If I were to stay domestic Chicago is a pretty great city but lately I've been kind of fascinated with the Pacific Northwest.
Keep it on topic OG! I said world..hit up the anywhere in the US thread for local adventures. :P

hehehe

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd have to say Germany because that's where my great grandma was born and I'd like to chase down my family heritage there.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like Cali but if I had to choose another spot I'd probably say Amsterdam or at least in the Netherlands. Not for the pot but because the majority of my relatives on both mom and dads side live out there. Yep they're all black and speak dutch, :shock:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Japan for sure. I like their culture better.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I've been to many different countries, and nothing compares to Japan. The cultures are incredible, the food is great, the people are among the nicest in the world, the architecture is beautiful, the weather's not too shabby, and there's plenty to do at all hours. I often think of just going to live over there for a year.
Japan for sure. I like their culture better.
Ok, but would you live the American-Japanese lifestyle, or fully convert and also become fluent in the language? As much as I appreciate their culture and food, I don't think I could convert too much.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i were to move anywhere it'd either be Germany or Italy, the car history and culture over there is awesome. and I would love to tour the exotic sports car factories over there :D

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can never fully convert, in my opinion.

I would become fluent in Japanese if I lived there. I personally think it's messed up to move to a different country and then not speak their language. Hell, I think it's rude to VISIT a country and not make some attempt at the language.

I guess my question would be, what do you mean by Japanese lifestyle? Which aspects? Just by living there, you are somewhat forced to adopt their lifestyle, because it's the way the country is set up.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I would become fluent in Japanese if I lived there. I personally think it's messed up to move to a different country and then not speak their language. Hell, I think it's rude to VISIT a country and not make some attempt at the language.

I guess my question would be, what do you mean by Japanese lifestyle? Which aspects? Just by living there, you are somewhat forced to adopt their lifestyle, because it's the way the country is set up.
I absolutely agree with you about not speaking the language. I guess I was asking if you would adapt, period. I can't stand it when people move to another country, and especially where "American practices" aren't recognized, yet the person doesn't conform. I find it incredibly rude.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
Deff Colombia. Me In Colombia relaxing I'd like to retire there not from there but I loved it

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Mexico, if you look pass the drugs and murders mexico is a great place to live if you have money and live in the suburbs

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, but would you live the American-Japanese lifestyle, or fully convert and also become fluent in the language? As much as I appreciate their culture and food, I don't think I could convert too much.

I agree with Joe. I'd become fluent in Japanese. The only problem I'd have, I HATE seafood.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Really? What part of Japan did you go to? When I was stationed there it seemed like they hated us.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with Joe. I'd become fluent in Japanese. The only problem I'd have, I HATE seafood.
What is WRONG with you? It's mah FAAAAAAAAAAVE!
Really? What part of Japan did you go to? When I was stationed there it seemed like they hated us.
Did you miss the memo? Practically everyone hates Americans. If I ever end up in Europe I'm not saying I'm an American, and I'm going to practice an accent like crazy. :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What is WRONG with you? It's mah FAAAAAAAAAAVE!
That could take awhile to type out :lol:

Did you miss the memo? Practically everyone hates Americans. If I ever end up in Europe I'm not saying I'm an American, and I'm going to practice an accent like crazy. :lol:
It might have been that he was military, and stationed there.