If you could live anywhere in the WORLD

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That could take awhile to type out :lol:

It might have been that he was military, and stationed there.
LOL!!! And I almost mentioned him being military, but didn't want to start a possible war.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That could take awhile to type out :lol:

It might have been that he was military, and stationed there.
That can be one. But I knew a couple of Peruvians who lived there for awhile. They had dirty looks as well. I think they just hate everyone that isn't Japanese.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Germany, because its beautiful and has tons of history, and I'm part German, and I have ancestors from there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Middle Earth

In all seriousness Sctoland, I dont think I would care for the food but every time I see pics from there I dont see any reason why I wouldnt like it there.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Love where I love now, but i would not mind to live in the fallowing Places.

• Atlanta
  • Los Angeles
  • New York
  • Boston
  • Miami
  • Orlando
  • Houston
  • Portland
  • Phoenix
  • Seattle
  • Honolulu
  • Manhattan, Kansas
    ---------------------------
  • Barcelona
  • Madrid
  • Valencia
    --------------------------
  • London
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester
  • Paris
  • Berlin
  • Nurenburg
  • Frankfurt
  • Rome
  • Naples
  • Venice
  • Amsterdam
    --------------------------
  • St. Petersburg
  • Mascow
    ------------------------
  • Bejing
  • Hong kong
  • Shanghai
    -----------------------
  • Seoul, South Korea
    ---------------------
  • Tokyo
  • Yokohama
  • Osaka
  • Kawaski
  • Heroshima
  • Oyama
  • Shimotsuma
    -----------------------
  • Guatelama City, Guatemala
  • Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
  • Zacapa, Guatemala
  • Puerto Barrios, Guatemala
  • Livingston, Guatemala
  • San Jose, Costa Rica
  • Panama City, Panama
  • Quretaro City, Mexico
  • Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Santiago, Chile
  • Lima, Peru
  • Bogota, Colombia
  • Quito, Ecuador
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana
    -----------------------------------------------
  • Kingston, Jamaica
  • Spanish Town, Jamaica
    -------------------------------

• Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    -----------------------------------
  • Sydney, Australia
Just a few that I can think of right now.

What will drive me to these places?

Culture.
Music.
Cuisine.
Entertainment .
Climate.
Geography.
Sports.
Motorsports.
Technology.
Market.
Employment.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I absolutely agree with you about not speaking the language. I guess I was asking if you would adapt, period. I can't stand it when people move to another country, and especially where "American practices" aren't recognized, yet the person doesn't conform. I find it incredibly rude.
You and I are on the same page.

Turbo - I went to several places. We had a train pass for the Shinkansen and I'd say we hit almost every stop. Most of our time was spent in Kyoto and Tokyo, but we also spent some time checking out smaller towns. Nobody even gave me a dirty look while I was there. One thing that blew my mind is when we were down in the subway, looking at the map to try to figure out where to go. This woman and her child (maybe 10 years old?) came up to us and asked us if we needed any help. We told her we were looking for some specific place. She sent her son off with us to show us where to go... Up, out of the subway, and down the street. The Mom didn't follow. She waited at the subway for her son to return. She f**king sent her 10 year old with some strange foreigners to help them out, without worrying that we were bad people.

Another time, we were looking for something, and a random man asked us if we needed help. We told him what we were trying to find, and he told us to come with him. We hopped on a subway train, rode it a few stops, got out, he brought us up out of the subway, and walked about 10 minutes with us. He then asked us if we were ok and needed any more help (we didn't - he brought us exactly where we wanted to go). He then went back down to the subway to go wherever he was going before..... HE actually hopped on a train and walked us across town to help us out.

Another time, when we were up in this small mountain town, we were going into a shop because they had these cool wood art things... Walked in, looked around - nobody was there. We left.. went to another shop... same thing... Then another shop... same thing. Finally, we noticed that the shops were all closed. The shopkeepers had gone home... and I s**t you not - There were no locks on the doors - none of them. They all just trust each other! I could have walked out with anything I wanted in any of those shops and nobody would have stopped me!

Another time we went to a very formal, traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony. I did a lot of research beforehand, but we still made mistakes.... and yes, we were the only white people there. Everyone just smiled when we messed up, and helped us do it the right way so that we could learn more about their culture and wouldn't be embarrassed.

The list goes on and on... The culture is so drastically different from American culture. The people are there to help each other... it's not like America where it's "me me me", in Japan it's "us." Truly amazing. I've been to a LOT of countries, and nothing holds a candle to Japan.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I've been to Australia and New Zealand and both are AMAZING! It would be one of those for sure!

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've always wondered where else i could live and be happy. My gf is from Russia and she doesnt want to go back. I've always been a fan of Spain and England, huge soccer fan. We'll be traveling to Germany and working our way down to Spain this upcoming summer. Maybe we'll find a nice place and plan to move there one day.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been to Australia and New Zealand and both are AMAZING! It would be one of those for sure!
New Zealand is where I'd like to honeymoon to. Breathtaking beauty there, but I don't think I want that as my home.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've always wondered where else i could live and be happy. My gf is from Russia and she doesnt want to go back. I've always been a fan of Spain and England, huge soccer fan. We'll be traveling to Germany and working our way down to Spain this upcoming summer. Maybe we'll find a nice place and plan to move there one day.
That's what my friends parents did. They went to Europe and just traveled everywhere. Ireland, Scotland, Germany, etc. They started at one end and went to another. I think they spent a few weeks over there. That would be something I would LOVE to do.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2 month trip to England, Ireland, Scotland, Whales would be perfect to me. 2 weeks at a time in each country...ah, *sigh*

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I visit a new country every year with my family for approximately a week to a week and a half.

So far I've visited (there's a good chance I'm forgetting some):

Portugal
Italy
Ireland
Scotland
France
Costa Rica
Spain
Japan
Taiwan
Germany
Canada
Greece

I've had layovers in many others, but I don't think that really counts. At the end of this month, I'll be going to Hungary.