I'm finally back with wheels

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that wouldn't cause the pulsing though, but it is a common problem on all cars. that boot leaks at all, game over but an easy fix

but I check slide pins anytime I do brakes and grease them, something he will be taught very soon
Gonna have to speak from personal experience a seized pin will without a doubt cause massive brake vibration. My first Honda had the driver side front caliper one was missing a boot entirely and that s**t was crazy when I pushed the pedal.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonna have to speak from personal experience a seized pin will without a doubt cause massive brake vibration. My first Honda had the driver side front caliper one was missing a boot entirely and that s**t was crazy when I pushed the pedal.
what I mean is they could cause rotors to warp, but the pulsing comes from warped rotors

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
34.4 mpg. 307 miles on 8.9 gallons. Pretty good grocery getter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did some maintenance today.

Went and ordered my front rotors and pads since my rotors were warped and my pads were pretty much almost bare.

Old pad vs new pad

I think my dust shield got bent from when I tied my caliper to the arm so it scrapes loudly so ill have to pull tthe wheel tomorrow after work and bend it back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Something I didn't have the time to do. It was 6 pm and I would need to go somewhere that had a press to great the hub out. I'm not worried about it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the new brakes are bugging me. They seem to make a clunking noise sometimes when I'm creeping to a stop, like in stop and go traffic. And sometimes it seems like the pads are sticking to the rotor because you can clearly hear the distinct scraping noise, sort of like a horn lol. Then the dust shield scraping every time I turn right. I'm gonna pull the wheel today hopefully and check some things out. It seems like the scraping and the shield come from the left wheel only, the clunking is from both. I put grease on the pads and wherever the pads slide.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the new brakes are bugging me. They seem to make a clunking noise sometimes when I'm creeping to a stop, like in stop and go traffic. And sometimes it seems like the pads are sticking to the rotor because you can clearly hear the distinct scraping noise, sort of like a horn lol. Then the dust shield scraping every time I turn right. I'm gonna pull the wheel today hopefully and check some things out. It seems like the scraping and the shield come from the left wheel only, the clunking is from both. I put grease on the pads and wherever the pads slide.

you put grease on the pads and where they slide...........thats a big no no

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:

Grease? Really? What made you think that was a good idea?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you put grease on the pads and where they slide...........thats a big no no

What? Where the hell was I supposed to do it? I looked up a couple videos and it said to put it on the pads and where they slide. But anyways, the noises are all gone, and the brakes are good now. Car stops fine, no pulsating, no noise.

:popcorn:

Grease? Really? What made you think that was a good idea?
It was high temp brake grease.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh well. Should I take it apart and clean the pads off?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you say its working fine i just wouldnt worry about it
Alright. If I have any problems, I'll take it apart again but I've got some pretty decent stopping power compared to my old pads.

Ive had the car up on craigslist again to see what I could get for a trade. Had a bite yesterday, but he wanted $300 on top and I only have $175 so he declined. I'm not jumping on anything. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't give me any problems so I'll just deal with it being automatic for now unless I get lucky.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So car has been pretty good to me lately, except since Friday night. I blew a tire on my right front just driving down the street and rode on the rim for a few seconds but immediately pulled to a side road and changed it as soon as I felt it happened. Both front tires were pretty bald, and I have two basically brand new ones in the back, so I swapped those to the front, and put a steelie on the back for now till I get a tire for my rim. After all of this, the car feels weird now when driving. There's a loud "wub wub wub" sound that tends to get louder and faster as the car accelerates, and vice versa. It almost feels as if the lug nuts are loose and the wheel is wobbling cause there is a lot of vibration in the pedals and I've had loose lugs before.

I'm not sure what it could be. I checked my wheels for tie rod play and there's only about a quarter of an inch when you twist the wheel side to side, so I DuPont think it's my tie rod. Could it be my wheel bearing, or the completely off chance my axle? I haven't had a real good chance to pull the wheel and get under again.