I'm finally back with wheels

emerican

Registered VIP
if mine was sick theres no way id pull off going to get parts lol. id be taking care of her, but she does live with me so i understand its a little different.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if mine was sick theres no way id pull off going to get parts lol. id be taking care of her, but she does live with me so i understand its a little different.
My mom told me, and she stressed it, to stay away until she's better. She doesn't want me ggetting sick and then getting them sick. She's at her grandparents house because her dad works at night and doesn't want her at home alone while she's sick. If she comes home tomorrow, I'm gonna see her after school. I want to go and be with her, but I don't know where her grandparents live, and they probably wouldn't let me lol. She'll be alright though. I've had the same thing she has before.

As for the teg, the tranny is pissing me off. Nuff said. And I wont have the money for the fluid change till Wednesday because my paycheck is only $75, and $20 oof that is going to my friend, and most of the rest goes to gas.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess it was because it wasn't warmed up, but when I went from park to drive, the whole car rocked back and forth once. I did it several times and it did it all those times. I want to try changing the fluid but I'm broke, and if that doesn't do it, check the mounts and then possibly the inevitable, replace the tranny. It was also shifting really late. I wonder if the TCM is f**ked, and maybe disconnecting the main fuse for a ffew minutes will reset It.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I put mine in reverse it goes CLUNK and feels like you got punched into your seat.

I was told it's a tranny mount :what:

Mine's also a rebuilt tranny so idk.
Hope you get it all sorted out man!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I put mine in reverse it goes CLUNK and feels like you got punched into your seat.

I was told it's a tranny mount :what:

Mine's also a rebuilt tranny so idk.
Hope you get it all sorted out man!
Going into reverse is fine. Its when going from park or reverse or neutral to any of thw drive gears that it does the clunking. And I read a lot about the issue. Its apparantly common in auto tegs, and is usually the front tranny mount, or the fluid needs to be changed. The possibility of a clogged filter comes iinto play, but that usually means the transmission is FUBAR'd. Thanks man, I'm really hoping I can sort it out soon. Its so hard to accelerate when all the car wants to do is pretty much punch you in the face backwards into your sseat.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know the solution, time to convert. its really not that expensive if you just piece it together and do junkyard trips

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^agreed lol. but if u dont even have cash for tranny fluid that could definitely be a problem. If I were u id save the tax refund rather then drop ur teg or any of that. Until your sure the tranny is gonna be ok

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know the solution, time to convert. its really not that expensive if you just piece it together and do junkyard trips
Haha, not on the paychecks I get. It'd be like 2-3 months before it would happen.
^agreed lol. but if u dont even have cash for tranny fluid that could definitely be a problem. If I were u id save the tax refund rather then drop ur teg or any of that. Until your sure the tranny is gonna be ok
Yeah, today's paycheck will most likely be gone today. I owe my friend money and I gotta fill the tank or else I won't be going anywhere much longer lol. If the fluid change and mount doesn't remedy the problem mostly, I think the tax return money will go towards a new transmission. There's one on craigslist for $300 with 112K miles.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, not on the paychecks I get. It'd be like 2-3 months before it would happen.

Yeah, today's paycheck will most likely be gone today. I owe my friend money and I gotta fill the tank or else I won't be going anywhere much longer lol. If the fluid change and mount doesn't remedy the problem mostly, I think the tax return money will go towards a new transmission. There's one on craigslist for $300 with 112K miles.
I understand your situation. But if I got a new tranny, and I was already gonna have to take the old one out, I'd 5-speed swap. lol

What up with your mom not wanting you to drive a stick?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Definitely need to get tranny running right before drop it could buy a rebuild kit with tax money

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understand your situation. But if I got a new tranny, and I was already gonna have to take the old one out, I'd 5-speed swap. lol

What up with your mom not wanting you to drive a stick?
Idk, she has a really lame reason for it, saying how if she needs my car, it needs to be auto cause she can't drive stick.
Definitely need to get tranny running right before drop it could buy a rebuild kit with tax money
Yeah, but I don't know if I want to rebuild a hondamatic. lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk, she has a really lame reason for it, saying how if she needs my car, it needs to be auto cause she can't drive stick.
Lameee. lol

I understand though, I myself have been hesitant to buy a stick because my fiance doesn't have a car so when she gets a job she'll have to drive mine on occasions and I don't think she'd ever learn how to drive stick. lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know how to drive one either, that's why i wanted to learn and then buy one. I could easily have learn too, cause my dad knows stick and he could've taught me in my car.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never owned a 5-speed but I've driven some of my friends and the easiest way is to learn by doing it. Hills take some learning and getting used to, but after that it's easy. The most fun I ever had learning to drive stick was with my buddy's dad's del sol. Just drove it around the neighborhood over and over and over again. I could still use some practice, but who couldn't? I'm debating a 5-speed swap but the way I see it, i'm not racing my car, so it's hard to justify spending hundreds upward to a grand just on shits and giggles. An automatic transmission is a LUXURY. It was made to avoid the labor of a manual transmission. So if all you want is a peppy daily driver, then I think automatics are fine. If I ever get the money for a weekend car, or a track car, it will damn sure be a 5-speed.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I don't know how to drive one either, that's why i wanted to learn and then buy one. I could easily have learn too, cause my dad knows stick and he could've taught me in my car.
I bought my silver Civic without knowing how to drive stick at all. Tried it once and failed miserably when I was 16. I bought it, had my step dad drive it back to my city, then he stopped the car, gave me a 5 minute lesson, and had me drive him to his house and then to mine alone. Under the pressure I was scared shitless, but I had it down for the most part by the time I got home. Took about a week to get it down pack, like no over revving or riding the clutch, etc. But literally it's easy as pie.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I remember teaching my wife how to drive my car which is a manual. She woke me up saying she needed to go to work so I gave her the keys and said good luck lol. You only will learn if you try.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one taught me how to drive stick. i taught myself. i went to go buy the car, my dad drove his car there. We paid for it and he said, now drive it home and we were 45 minutes away. unless you can consider "now drive it home" being taught. It was learn now, or im f***ed.

but honestly if you want stick and you have to wait 2-3 months, you are going to wait just as long to buy new struts and springs. so id say that wait would be worth it. most expensive part would be a ls trans which would be 250, and the rest is cheap stuff basically. And dont forget, we are both close to the one of the biggest junkyards in the world and the biggest in the country. Harrys u pull it, they have over 10,000 cars....

and before you go an buy a automatic transmission with 112k on it for 300, you might want to re think. its at 112k on a auto trans, its time is coming too. you are better off getting the current one rebuilt and it will last 10x longer

Jose1027

Registered VIP
i learned in 3 days bro its easy, hardest part for me was takin the car out in 1st and hills,but like everyone said save to make your car stick bro:thumbup: